Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,461   Posts: 1,570,629   Online: 777

Thread: Modified E6

Shooter
    Multi Format

Modified E6

...modified because the surplus kit I got was not complete. No FD or CD starters (asked in another thread for substitutes), no prebleach or stabilizer. To make it worse, the CD was dead or dying.

I made up the starters following the recipe given by Athril. The prebleach and stabilizer from PE. The next set of FD I used was seasoned with Fuji Hunt CR56 starter, found in the stockroom of the local Fuji distributor here. The surplus E6 kit is by Kodak.

Since no colour developer can be immediately found, I decided to try using the RA-4 Colour Developer as a substitute. I thought that since both the E6 CD and RA-4 CD both used the same colour developing agent, the latter might just produce something acceptable. Apparently it did make something. A positive came out alright, but there was a slight tinge of yellow in it.

Here are some of what I got:

The first transparency was really lit with setting sunlight, so it appears very warm. All shot with Leica Barnacks.

Lacking as it is, the process does make it possible to have colour transparencies (or a close semblance of,) here, where commercial E6 processing, as well as proper chemistry kits have disappeared.

Jay
    FED ZORKI SURVIVAL SITE
    RANGEFINDERFILIPINAS
    Zorkikat.Com

"不管黑猫白猫能抓到老鼠就是好猫。" 邓小平
    It doesn't matter if a cat is black or white, so long as it catches mice.-邓小平

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Very good. Congratulations.

PE

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Thanks PE.
    FED ZORKI SURVIVAL SITE
    RANGEFINDERFILIPINAS
    Zorkikat.Com

"不管黑猫白猫能抓到老鼠就是好猫。" 邓小平
    It doesn't matter if a cat is black or white, so long as it catches mice.-邓小平

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Id say its looking pretty good for starters

Shooter
    Multi Format
    That looks pretty good!

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    It looks good enough to me...

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin