Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,557   Posts: 1,573,274   Online: 1020

Shooter
    Medium Format

E6 developing in New York City

Hello E6!

I'm currently in NYC, and would like to process a few rolls of Provia, does anybody know a lab that does that in a day or two?

I went to Grand Photo Solutions, but they didn't have it in-house, so they couldn't do it before I leave on tuesday.

Any tips on labs in Manhattan would be appreciated!

Thanks,

Marius

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    any of the vista image group on 22nd street (south side) between 5 and 6th ave has fast turnaround. there number is 212-633-6000. Any of the pro labs in the city will should be able to get the stuff back to you same day.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I second Vista (also called CRC) on 22nd b/t 5th and 6th ave. The turnaround is, I believe, a couple of hours.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Baboo Digital on 20th between 5th and 6th does terrific E6 processing. $6.99 per roll including cardboard mounts. Dip and dunk processing and next day turnaround. Check them out. I used A&I In Hollywood when I lived out in L.A. and find Baboo very compatible bt much cheaper. Good luck!

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Duggal (www.duggal.com), 4-hour turnaround usually on weekdays, rush service available for a fee.
    flickr--http://www.flickr.com/photos/davidagoldfarb/
    Photography (not as up to date as the flickr site)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com/photo
    Academic (Slavic and Comparative Literature)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Thanks a lot for the tips! I actually called Baboo first (since I found their website), and they told me they have it by tomorrow. On my way up 20th street i walked past another lab called Manhattan Color Labs, and they could develop in two hours, so I ended up putting it in there (I walked down to Baboo first, but went back). I had to go back to Brooklyn, but since they are open both saturday and sunday theres lots of opportunities to pick it up before I leave tuesday.

They do not have a website (strange these days), but some reviews show up when you google them, and people seem happy with processing/prices, but not the scans.

I'll post here if the films look bad or anything.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin