Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,968   Posts: 1,558,512   Online: 1085

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    The one I ended up buying on ebay is slightly different than the CD101 as far as I can tell, but looks like it will serve my purposes. If I understand the meager data on ebay it will need the relay to drive the heater, but that's not a big deal. I'll know more when it arrives.

I like your simple implementation. Thanks for the photos.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    The version of the controller with an external relay is better. This is the version I thought I was getting until I found that it didn't work. With the help of an ohm-meter, I discovered that it had an internal relay. External relays are cheap and can allow much more current than the internal one.

Good luck.

wn

Shooter
    35mm
    Perhaps my ebay-fu is weak, but I'm not seeing any $6 RTDs on there. More like $25 and up.
    f/22 and be there.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by BetterSense View Post
    Perhaps my ebay-fu is weak, but I'm not seeing any $6 RTDs on there. More like $25 and up.
    I got one for $12.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Doing a search on "pt100 probe" returned the exact unit I have for $4.77 (buy-it-now) from Virtual Village. Another one was $5.99 (zero bids, 2 hours to go) and a third was buy-it-now for $6.99. I bought the cheap one to have another for backup and for temperature logging using an old computer. These things seem to be readily available for ~$6. I bought both from Virtual Village - I suspect that this vendor would have a number of them in stock for this price.
    Last edited by warrennn; 06-24-2010 at 09:49 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    By the way, to get the CD101 controller, this ebay search string works: "Dual Digital PID Temperature Controller Kiln Furnace". For some reason, they don't identify them using the designation "CD101". Again, this search brings up a number of units for ~$28 and does include the output information (I was too stupid to see this when I bought mine). The output options are: external relay, internal relay and solid-state-relay (SSR, basically a triac, I believe).

wn

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin