Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,748   Posts: 1,515,744   Online: 1109

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I'm not shooting 4x5 yet but I assume it would work if you could use an RA-4 tray setup for temperature. You'll lose a lot of heat in an open tray but it only needs to be controlled critically for 3:15-3:30 or so.

Developed another 120 roll of Portra 160NC this morning, warmed the chems up right from cold storage. Still turning out great! No sign I'll be throwing out my 1L kit soon. Put it back into cold storage afterward.
    Harry Pulley - Visit the BLIND PRINT EXCHANGE FORUM

Happiness is...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I'm not sure how doing it in a tray would be (shouldn't be too hard to retard the slight temperature drop 3:15 would incur), but I've been doing a lot of 4x5 with the powder press kit "taco" style in a Paterson tank. The only problems I've had were my own fault from not agitating vigorously enough in the beginning. You may think it crazy, but it was actually the first film developing I'd ever done (have yet to develop any B&W).

So far, I've processed 32 sheets of 4x5 and 7 rolls of 120 since I first mixed it in November. That's almost twice the stated capacity; not sure how much further I want to push it.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Notice any degradation in the images? Since November, wow!

Happiness is...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Just last week I threw out some finally exhausted Unicolor C-41 chemicals I mixed up in late November. It was my first C-41 kit. stored the chemicals at room temperature between developments, and I added a brief wash step between dev and blix, thinking it would help keep the blix uncontaminated. I also did a bunch of chromogenic and expired-film experiments near the end of its run, when color fidelity wasn't as crucial, so I can't attest to color fidelity near the end. I figure I got about 14 good rolls out of it! When the kit went bad, it went bad suddenly, no slow degradation.

I'd like to try Rollei chemicals, but Freestyle is currently out of stock of those, and I don't know where to find Tetenal. So it's back to Unicolor for me. I think I'll try cold storing it next time between devs.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Jobo/Tetenal/Unicolor are the same I think.

Happiness is...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I souped two more rolls this morning, oddly a Kodak Portra 160NC 120 (expired 2005) and a Fuji Superia 800 135-24 (expires Feb 2011) in the Paterson 3 tank. I'm now at 15 rolls processed in the 1L Tetenal Press Kit. 3 weeks since mixing the chemicals the results still look good though the blix continues to suck its gut in and the developer is starting to look dark.

Happiness is...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Another roll of Fuji Superia 800 135-24 though it and still getting beautiful red cardinals, clear blue skies and green pine needles so still doing well. I only have two more rolls of color film to shoot at the moment so I'll have to decide if I'm going to go and buy some more or if I should go back to B&W for a while. I am enjoying color at the moment and finally got a 6x7 enlarger for my Mamiya negs and it has a color head so if I could get some Fuji Crystal Archive paper and some RA-4 chems I could even print color again...

Happiness is...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    A quick, cough, scan from the latest roll:

Cardinal 1 crop by Harry Pulley, on Flickr

Happiness is...

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    This is really positive news. I have a 5L kit I opened and developed a few rolls around a year ago before sealing back up (after spraying protectan in) and I had considered them to be totally gone by now. After hearing this I'm definitely going to give them a mix up and try them out before turfing.

Shooter
    127 Format
    Harry, that's a beautiful picture!

I don't know if Arista is related to Tetenal but I just developed a roll of Portra 160 in my Arista that was mixed in October, 2009. It came out great.

About 20 rolls have passed through that 1L kit already. No special storage beyond squeezing the air out of the color developer bottle each time.
    Last edited by wblynch; 01-27-2011 at 03:44 PM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: had the wrong year
    - Bill Lynch

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin