Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,872   Posts: 1,520,117   Online: 865

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Got my bulk roll of unperforated Kodak Gen 2 (Portra 160NC) today. Loaded a test section (not even a full roll) into a 126 cartridge and put it in the Kodak Instamatic 500 for some tests. Shot through it, then warmed up the Tetenal 1L kit and souped it. Still drying but the color looks good! I will load another cartridge and take some better shots soon. 100' should keep me in business for a while, hopefully the Tetenal will last... then I've got a second kit to mix.
    Harry Pulley - Visit the BLIND PRINT EXCHANGE FORUM

Happiness is...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Put two test rolls of the Kodak Gen 2 S016 (Portra 160NC) through this weekend and a roll of Superia 800 135-24 as well and the Tetenal still looks good. The first test roll I thought I was having some blix issues but in my impatience my pre-soak and wash water was too hot, perhap 45C or more and apparently the emulsion couldn't take it. I did the Superia 800 and the second unperforated Portra 160NC roll through with precise temperature control and both turned out great.

Happiness is...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I'm getting ready to process my first roll (120 Fujicolor Pro160S) and I want to make sure that after the stabilizer it's a good idea to rinse once in FotoFlow, right? Then just hang and dry.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Damn, the blix blew the lid off my tank after about 3 min. Ugg...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Huh?

Your film should be fine, though.
    2F/2F

"Truth and love are my law and worship. Form and conscience are my manifestation and guide. Nature and peace are my shelter and companions. Order is my attitude. Beauty and perfection are my attack."

- Rob Tyner (1944 - 1991)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I had my cap on the lid for inversions and apparently it's tighter than the lid itself. Lesson learned, though.

Negs look ok so far - a bit milky, but that's to be expected as I understand and will clear upon drying.

BTW - this is the Unicolor kit from Freestyle, which is rebranded Tetenal, according to Harry.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    No! Don't rinse after the stabilizer! It contains fotoflo already so there is no need.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony-S View Post
    I'm getting ready to process my first roll (120 Fujicolor Pro160S) and I want to make sure that after the stabilizer it's a good idea to rinse once in FotoFlow, right? Then just hang and dry.

Happiness is...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Too late! Noted for next roll. (Or should I re-stabilize it?)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    That is weird. I have never had anything like that happen with my bleach or fixer. Perhaps it is the combination of the two.

If they are milky, then they are not OK. I've never seen milky color film unless it was improperly fixed. I'd blix them as long as you need to to clear that away. Rewash, then re-stabilize.
    2F/2F

"Truth and love are my law and worship. Form and conscience are my manifestation and guide. Nature and peace are my shelter and companions. Order is my attitude. Beauty and perfection are my attack."

- Rob Tyner (1944 - 1991)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    If you washed after the stab, you can restabilize the film just to be sure.

Milkiness is perfectly normal in wet color film, but once it's dry it should be very clear.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin