Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,537   Posts: 1,572,749   Online: 783

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Made in Italy?

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Brac View Post
    .... But sometimes you could find them, in the UK, in cheap discount stores such as Poundland.
    Poundland is carrying Kodak Colorplus at the moment. Perfectly good film, and cheap enough for testing out yet another camera that finds its way into my sticky paws, and for general mucking about with alt-process
    "Flatter Me, and I May Not Believe You. Criticize Me, and I May Not like You. Ignore Me, and I May Not Forgive You. Encourage Me, and I Will Not Forget You."

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    I can certainly understand the desire for cheap film. However, wouldn't it makes sense to pay about $2 more and get Kodak or Fuji from B&H? (i.e. 4 films for $8 instead of off-brand @ 4 for $6). I'm pretty sure the grain is tighter and Q.C. higher. Unless there is a particular characteristic of the off-brand that you like, of course.

Just curious...

Shooter
    Large Format
    The "funny" thing is that I haven't seen Ferrania films in italian shops since the '70s. Misteries of the globalisation... :rolleyes:
    I know a chap who does excellent portraits. The chap is a camera.
    (Tristan Tzara, 1922)

Shooter
    35mm

Made in Italy?

Until recently I saw Made In Italy color print film under the Shoprite name. I have a good supply of CVS (Fuji) film on hand and even some of the older Agfa made Walgreens color print film. When I was in England in 1992 I ran out of the film I brought and bought some Boots brand coloe print film. It was 3M/Ferrania. The grain was somewhat higher than what a comparable Kodak film would have given but sharpness and color were fine. With the currency exchange and the general high cost wherever I looked, the Kodak film was a lot more expensive. There is a lot of Agfaphoto color print film on eBay, which I think is really Ferrania. The sellers are mostly in China or South Korea.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin