Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 76,303   Posts: 1,681,547   Online: 820

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    HRST i print optically using kodak , ilford and fuji's materials. I have been printing by hand before the emulsions were altered for digital and post. And I dont complain about any of the changes. the product changed so be it. if it requires a change in filtration , exposure time , ...whatever its just an adjustment to be made. All the materials can still be used perfectly well using traditional printing techniques. so I say thank you to the makers of these fine products for still supplying them to us! Good tradesmen don't blame their tools. oh and the ilford materials we are talking about here, they were brilliant before and guess what...change or no change...they are brilliant now!
    "Its my profession to hijack time" ~ Stephen Frizza.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Ilford should offer more color products. They would probably be great..Where in the USA can one buy this paper? Is it available in sheets?
    Helping to save analog photography one exposure at a time

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Ektagraphic View Post
    Ilford should offer more color products.
    They offer 10 different halide colour materials. What more do you expect?

Worldwide availability may be another issue though.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    If sheets are available I am definitely interested in petitioning a vendor here in the US to start carrying it. And to address the Kodak vs. Ilford reaction: I was upset that Kodak discontinued their paper in sheets, not that they changed to digital exposure. Since I have never heard of Ilford's color paper here in the US, I have no reaction at all.
    www.gregorytdavis.com

Did millions of people suddenly disappear? This may have an answer.

"No one knows that day or hour, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father." -Matthew 24:36

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    No, they do not offer sheets for the reflected light versions.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by AgX View Post
    They offer 10 different halide colour materials. What more do you expect?

Worldwide availability may be another issue though.
    Well this is totally new to me! They should be available in the US! Do they offer any color films that I also might not be aware of? When I said that I guess I meant more on the side of color films.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    For some reason, I feel that if Ilford entered the market fully of color films and papers they would make an increadable product.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    For some reason, I feel that if Ilford entered the market fully of color films and papers they would make an increadable product.
    I think i will clear something up:

Ilford Photo (UK) and Ilford Imaging (Switzerland) are two entirely different companies bearing a similar name.

Ilford Photo/Harman Technolgy based in Mobberley (UK) make the B&W films, papers and chemicals.

Ilford Imaging in Switzerland make Ilfochrome, Ilfoflex, Ilfocolour, Ilfovinyl and inkjet materials. They do not make photographic film, just output materials - and P3/P3x chemistry for their Ilfochrome material.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Well this is totally new to me! They should be available in the US! Do they offer any color films that I also might not be aware of? When I said that I guess I meant more on the side of color films.
    Materials are definitely available in the USA.

You just need to speak to the Ilford Imaging distributor near you.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Yes they do offer colour film it is transperancy and based on a similar technology to ilfochrome. it is to date the most archivally stable colour film on the market. its colour is Super rich!
    "Its my profession to hijack time" ~ Stephen Frizza.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin