Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,856   Posts: 1,583,041   Online: 901

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Shooter
    4x5 Format

Oh yes we can! (say Walmart SUCKS!)

Walmart sucks most especially because they exploit children around the world to make cheap products that effectively put Americans out of work. Walmart is owned and operated by pigs of the most disgusting variety. Do your karma a favor and shop elsewhere.
    "A certain amount of contempt for the material employed to express an idea is indispensable to the purest realization of this idea." Man Ray

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    AMEN!!
    Rick A
    Argentum aevum

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Changeling1 View Post
    Walmart sucks most especially because they exploit children around the world to make cheap products that effectively put Americans out of work. Walmart is owned and operated by pigs of the most disgusting variety. Do your karma a favor and shop elsewhere.
    You really need to stop holding back and start telling people what you think! Don't be shy!
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    It would have to be a pretty frosty day in hell before I step into a Wal Mart.
    www.ericrose.com
    yourbaddog.com

"civility is not a sign of weakness" JFK

"The Dude abides" - the Dude

Shooter
    Multi Format
    They stopped all but the send out service to Fuji in South Carolina. The little bit of e-6 that I shoot goes to Fuji, but only because its cheaper and I cant get e-6 local any more.
    M. David Farrell, Jr.

----------------------------------------------
    ~Buying a Nikon doesn not make you a photographer. It makes you a Nikon owner!

~Everybody has a photographic memory, but not everybody has film!

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Changeling1 View Post
    I live in the Bentonville-Rogers, AR area, and you're not wrong. They took the photo-lab from the one across from the home office last year.
    Bachelor of Fine Arts and Bachelor of Arts: Journalism - University of Arkansas 2014

Canon A-1, Canon AE-1, Canon Canonet GIII 17, Argus 21, Rolleicord Va, Mamiya RB67, Voigtländer Bessa

http://darkroom317.deviantart.com/

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Why must every thread about Walmart turn into a political, moral, economic, etc. discussion? The question was whether it seemed like Walmart was phasing out photo labs. I have a feeling the OP doesn't care about how "evil" they are or how others don't like it. If you want to rant on about Walmart and how bad or good it is, The Lounge is open for business. Otherwise, keep your opinions about their business practices to yourself and stick to the facts regarding availability and quality of service.

Shooter
    35mm
    Wally's will make a business decision - it's a strict cost-benefit analysis. If they aren't making money doing film, they'll stop doing film. I'm not that bothered by any move they make in this regard, since 1) I don't take my film there anymore and haven't in a very long time, and 2) it enhances the "mystique" of film processing and printing as a professional product, and a craft instead of just a mechanistic process.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Here in Richmond Va. they have been phased out. I still use Costco or Target or the local camera shop for C-41.

Jeff

Shooter
    Medium Format
    If they are phasing it out it's no big loss in my opinion. The quality was always terrible, bad csutomer service, and quite frankly the prices weren't that great either.

There are tons of good quality labs that you can send your film to if you don't want to do it at home or there isn't a local alternative. The turn around time is quick and the prices can be more than reasonable.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin