Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,837   Posts: 1,582,440   Online: 689

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

North America just north of that sharp right turn North America makes on the Atlantic coast.
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by nickrapak View Post
    Fuji NY actually shut down earlier this year, so now it gets sent god knows where.
    It's good to see that the capitalist model that states that if you provide a poor product the market will drive you out is still working. Maybe I will try Walmart again, but the new lab is actually in a better and safer location for me.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by wblynch View Post
    My complaint about this cycle is that Wal*Mart came into many communities, proceeded to put a lot of Mom and Pop photo processing companies out of business, then turned around and abandoned their own on-site photo processing.

In my sub-metropolitan area there are no Mom and Pop photo processors left.

Why couldn't they leave well enough alone? The damned tyrants!
    It's naive to be blaming Wal-Mart for being 'tyrants'. This is what 14 year olds do when they feel they need to develop 'social awareness'. I'm sure you're older than 14, and have had time to make up your own mind instead of believing dumb documentaries and internet crap that makes Wal-Mart out to be the sole reason mom-and-pop shops are dying.

Shooter
    127 Format
    Your love for Wal*Mart doesn't make them less predatory.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by wblynch View Post
    Your love for Wal*Mart doesn't make them less predatory.
    I don't love Wal-mart. It's just simply stupid to target Wal-mart as some evil 'predator'.
    Here's something most people learned early on in life:
    The nature of capitalism is predatory. So unless you grow your own food, make your own emulsions, coat your own film, etc, etc... your argument doesn't stand for much.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by apconan View Post
    It's naive to be blaming Wal-Mart for being 'tyrants'. This is what 14 year olds do when they feel they need to develop 'social awareness'. I'm sure you're older than 14, and have had time to make up your own mind instead of believing dumb documentaries and internet crap that makes Wal-Mart out to be the sole reason mom-and-pop shops are dying.
    If you only knew. :rolleyes:

The worst part of all of this is that it reinforces the idea that film is dead among consumers. How can someone buy something they don't know about?
    Last edited by Darkroom317; 07-16-2010 at 02:04 PM. Click to view previous post history.
    Bachelor of Fine Arts and Bachelor of Arts: Journalism - University of Arkansas 2014

Canon A-1, Canon AE-1, Canon Canonet GIII 17, Argus 21, Rolleicord Va, Mamiya RB67, Voigtländer Bessa

http://darkroom317.deviantart.com/

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by apconan View Post
    Its not just Walmart, but many larger big businesses will get free land, free financing, no interest, no-payments for 10 years, maybe no taxes as well.

Any wonder why small existing business close up?
    Items for sale or trade at www.Camera35.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    My lab I work at still does film, but I expect the lab to close first before we stop doing film. I give it 2 years at worst and 5 years at best.

Shooter
    35mm
    Every Full Size walgreens has a one hour photo in it, with the exception of one roll, everything I have dropped off has come back looking great.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin