Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,718   Posts: 1,483,116   Online: 1089

Shooter
    35mm

Ilfochrome paper & chemical availability

Hello everybody,

Has anybody RECENTLY bought some Ilfochrome paper, and more importantly chemistry. If so where from (and country) and how did you get it (ie delivered), how much was it, and was it any good.
    I finally got my hands on a 2 litre kit, but the chemicals must have been off as the prints lacked green tones (funny I know as the blue sky and yellow flowers were OK, not the leaves...), and the paper kept in my fridge was only just out of date last month. The stuff looked OK when I mixed it.

And before anyone mentions, yes I know Oji sold Ilford to an investment fund, although this has not changed things much. And I started develloping Ilfochrome while it was still Cibachrome.

Any pointers would be most uplifting to a depressed man looking miserably at inkjet printers...

Ian

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I buy a lot of ilfochrome materials, on average I process a minimum of 5 square meters of it a day. Our supplier is the local importer of Ilfod materials they are CR kennedy
    http://www.crkennedy.com.au/v1/

Dont be depressed Ian lots of people are still doing Ilfochrome, and its having a revival at the moment so it seems, so the future is bright. Lots of people will tell you no ones doing ilfochrome but thats the hall mark of 2 things, a person who A, has nothing to do with ilfochrome and B, doesn't want to.
    "Its my profession to hijack time" ~ Stephen Frizza.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I've bought the paper from Nordfoto Versand, Germany, a few months ago. No problems. 8"x10" was a stock item and was delivered instantly.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    It's been about a year ago, but I bought the chemistry kit and paper from Foto Mayr.
    Not the closest to Hong Kong, though...

shuttr.net
    -- A sinister little midget with a bucket and a mop / Where the blood goes down the drain --

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin