Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 72,423   Posts: 1,596,742   Online: 816

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: APS film?

Shooter
    35mm

APS film?

I'm fairly certain 35mm and MF film will be around for quite some time. Any word on APS? I have a nifty Minolta S-1 APS SLR system I bought for nearly nothing and use on long bike rides, etc. Have there been any announcements from Fuji regarding APS?

Thanks,
    Cork

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I don't know about Fuji, but for now, Kodak's APS is still available and I guess the best way to keep it around is the use it. It would be pretty cool if a company came out with a camera again to try to revive the format I have wanted to give APS a try but I haven't come across a really good camera deal...yet. Best of luck shooting!
    Helping to save analog photography one exposure at a time

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I have seen a few diffrent Kodak APS at my local CVS/Pharmacy but just checked B&H Photo's website and they only have one single APS film for sale which I am gussing may be the only one since B&H sells pretty much most of the fairly common things like APS that are still available. I'll look around some more though since I am interested now too.

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/search...879+4289268854

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    http://www.fujifilmusa.com/products/...ndex.html#24mm Fuji website still lists a film but I can't seem to find it at the bigger camera shops. I think I'll pick up one of the Nikon Pronea APS SLR cameras since it seems like it would be awesome to use as an on the fly point and shoot type of thing.

Shooter
    35mm
    My local large supermarket (UK) stopped selling any film last year, so I was pleasantly surprised yesterday to see on display about 20 2-film packs of Fujifilm 200 APS 25exp. The printing and wording on the pack was specifically for the UK market.

Process-before date was April 2011. £2.99 the pack (about $4.50 equivalent).

Shooter
    35mm
    I also see Fuji APS on the UK high street, I also saw it in France a few weeks back.
    Steve.

Near Tavistock, Devon, on the edge of Dartmoor.
    Shooter
    35mm
    There's no lack of APS film around here and many interesting APS cameras can be had for peanuts on eBay and at car boot sales. The issue for me is that it's only available in colour print which (unless you're very keen) has to be done commercially. Has anyone worked out a way to load APS cartridges with cut-down b/w film, as is possible with 110? It looks a bit of a nightmare!

Steve

Shooter
    35mm
    Well, if no one has heard anything about APS being discontinued like 110 was, I'll stick with my little S-1 system. Since it's weather resistant (including the lenses) it's a great camera for hikes and bike rallies, particularly since the upfront investment is so low (at least here in the USA).

Thanks, all.
    Cork

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by railwayman3 View Post
    My local large supermarket (UK) stopped selling any film last year, so I was pleasantly surprised yesterday to see on display about 20 2-film packs of Fujifilm 200 APS 25exp.
    Sorry, I omitted to say it was in Sainsburys, if anyone needs any.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I'm shooting APS on my Canon elph Jr (L1) all the time and i love the 3 possible formats I can choose @ the spot.
    It's my smallest camera the size of a cig's pack which I can take in my pocket everywhere.
    It isn't high Qaulity film though and blowing it up in p mode makes it very grainy (17/10cm landscape prints.)
    I got 10 rolls of Kodak Advantix 200 40exp last year for 5€/pc. Processing in a Fujilab service for around 8€/40 prints doesn't brake the bank either. (Belgium)

Example:

http://www.apug.org/gallery1/showimage.php?i=50574

rhmimac
    Give me some more E6 film…

please...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin