Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,750   Posts: 1,515,783   Online: 995

Shooter
    35mm

I finally tried the local pro lab's E6

I really believe in supporting local businesses, and I've been feeling bad about not getting some work over to the local pro lab here. I do my own B&W and C41, but E6 I wanted to send to a lab. I've been collecting rolls for a few weeks and finally got some over the to Fototechnika (www.fototechnika.com) here in Jacksonville. All I can say after seeing the results is, there's no point in me processing my own E6. I sent them both 35mm and 120 and both look great. Mind you, all of this film was out of date (from my freezer) so I wouldn't have written them off even if the color had been off a bit. But everything was perfect, clean and professionally done. The 35mm was well mounted and the 120 in PrintFIle archival pages. They even called me with a question about cutting the 120 to be sure they did exactly what I wanted. In short, they took the same care I give to the film I process myself. If you are in the area, do give them a try.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    It's nice to hear of a lab which still cares about detail and quality. I'm glad you found each other.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Congrats, lucky find.
    Items for sale or trade at www.Camera35.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thats good news indeed. Tell them of Apug, and maybe if they run an advert here they could make more money and stay in business.
    Rick A
    Argentum aevum
    BTW: the big kid in my avatar is my hero, my son, who proudly serves us in the Navy. "SALUTE"

Shooter
    35mm
    That's great....hopefully they will prove consistently good.

I've used several so-called "Pro" labs here in the UK over the years...excellent results most of the time, then, almost inevitably, a lost film, or scratched negs. I know that one can insure important work, but it's the disappointment and hassle when things go wrong.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I wish there were more labs like that everywhere.

Jeff

Shooter
    35mm
    rainphot: They are here -- I found them on APUG, just not in an advert.

railwayman3: They'll get the chance to prove they are consistent. I'll be shooting more E6 films now that I've found them.

Jeff: Amen. I feel like I've been given a reprieve. I look forward to helping them stay in business in whatever small way I can.

Ulysses.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin