Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,523   Posts: 1,572,269   Online: 765

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by drumlin View Post
    Just finished processing 4 rolls of stuff I popped off casually at a state park.

Conclusion --- If you are reading this wondering if E6 processing is overboard or too hard, it's not and it is WAY COOL to unroll those slides and see the actual image in gorgeous saturated color jumping out at you. I'm a convert.
    Thanks for reporting your positive results. When the last color pro-lab goes bust here in Holland, which may not be a long time away, I may give this a try once.

Actually, I mostly or almost always shoot B&W nowadays, home processed, but in the back of my mind I still have some ideas lingering for some color project...
    My website

"The nineteenth century began by believing that what was reasonable was true, and it wound up by believing that what it saw a photograph of, was true." - William M. Ivins Jr.

"I don't know, maybe we should disinvent color, and we could just shoot Black & White." - David Burnett in 1978

"Analog is chemistry + physics, digital is physics + math, which ones did you like most?"

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Okay, so I bought the Kodak kit and the solutions are warming up now. Great way to spend a Friday afternoon off with the wife gone...
    Where did you buy the kit?
    Michael Batchelor
    Industrial Informatics, Inc.
    www.industrialinformatics.com

The camera catches light. The photographer catches life.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by michaelbsc View Post
    Where did you buy the kit?
    Calumet.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    a few scans: Link.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    a few scans: Link.
    My website

"The nineteenth century began by believing that what was reasonable was true, and it wound up by believing that what it saw a photograph of, was true." - William M. Ivins Jr.

"I don't know, maybe we should disinvent color, and we could just shoot Black & White." - David Burnett in 1978

"Analog is chemistry + physics, digital is physics + math, which ones did you like most?"

Shooter
    Medium Format
    No, you're not crazy. What IS crazy is being paid to develop someone's very important 4x5 slides - and doing E6 for the first time ever. No Jobo processor, just a 3010 drum with a modified lid, a tweaked aquarium heater, a large table and a bunch of plastic containers. And a precise timer with a loud alarm. And the experience of developing C41 4x5s (OK, that's probably a bit more than many people have at hand or have done). And the joy when the slides were pulled from the drum.............. It was Velvia 50.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin