Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 73,605   Posts: 1,622,539   Online: 1116

Shooter
    35mm

Elite Chrome 100, most similar to K25?

Just picked up a roll of this baby. Will bracket for a slight underexposure and see if it looks anything like the lovely K25 or.... at least result in a combination of color/contrast that's pleasing. I know it won't look as sharp, but oh well.

Some people say Provia F is the closest to KM25 but 99% of Provia scans I've seen on different photo sites look flat/soft in comparison with Kodachrome. I think I'd even shoot Velvia before Provia. Now that Sensia is also discontinued, the search to fill the void of K64 gets a bit easier.

ath
    Shooter
    35mm
    You might be surprised how sharp (and fine grained) Elite Crome 100 (EB3) actually is.
    Regards,
    Andreas

Shooter
    35mm
    Elite Chrome is the consumer packaging of 100G. I don't know why you would think it will be less "sharp" than K25. The modern E6 films are very fine grain. If you want real "punch" and realistic rendering of landscapes under natural light, try 100VS. The consumer packaging is Elite Chrome Extra Color.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    While it doesn't look like KM-25, Elite Chrome is one of, if not my favorite E-6 film. While similar to E100G, it is slightly warmer in the shadows, which makes it look better in overcast light and deep shadow. It is also plenty sharp and has very fine grain. Not only that, but at less than $5.00 a roll, it is without a doubt, the best value in slide film today.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin