Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,059   Posts: 1,561,578   Online: 695

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by nickrapak View Post
    I have a feeling that numbers 13-15 have the wrong dates on them. This type of fading is reminiscent of the original dye-bleach Kodachrome process, which ended about 1938. The rest of them have the usual look of old K-11 Kodachromes.
    They are also the only ones that seem to have been made using some kind of artificial light source or flash... maybe the color shift in these specific slides is just the consequence of a non-daylight type light source?

Thanks for pointing out these images. Really enjoyed viewing them
    My website

"The nineteenth century began by believing that what was reasonable was true, and it wound up by believing that what it saw a photograph of, was true." - William M. Ivins Jr.

"I don't know, maybe we should disinvent color, and we could just shoot Black & White." - David Burnett in 1978

"Analog is chemistry + physics, digital is physics + math, which ones did you like most?"

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I have a book in my loft dating from 1910 called Spectroscopy, printed in London, England. It gives full instructions about how to build a spectroscope from scratch (as laboratories had to back in those days) AND prepare, expose & develop colour glass plates from a technique devised back in 1906. Luckily Kodak's colour film is and was much easier to process.
    The Thing

Portfolio

Film Cameras currently used:
    Large/Stort-format: Ebony 45SU (field camera), Medium/Medlem-format: Mamiya 7, Hasselblad 503CW
    35mm/Små format: Nikon: F4, D800 (yes digital, I know)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    If anyone is interested I have a slideshow of color pictures taken in Germany circa '39/'40 in a email.
    I dont know how to get the pictures singled out of the email (not much of a computer guy) but if you want to see them I can forward it to you. Just let me know where to send it.
    Real men use Speed Graphics and flashbulbs.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin