Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,918   Posts: 1,584,769   Online: 945

Shooter
    35mm

Final development rinse question

Hello all,
    I am using the tetenal c-41 kit and it is working very well. I do have a question though. After you run the film through the final stabilizer bath, is that it or are you supposed to then flush the film with running water after that? Likewise, while using photo-flo as the last bath in the Black and White process, do you then rinse the film in water again? Thanks for any help.

Dean

E76
    Shooter
    Instant Films
    Images
    Do not rinse the film after the final stabilizer. It contains chemicals to protect the film and dyes from microbial attack and you'll wash them out. If you rinse the film, you must re-stabilize.

Same goes for Photo-flo, although it's not as critical (B&W film needs no protection). If you wash B&W film after treatment in photo-flo solution, you'll lose all the benefits of using it. It's designed to be used as the final bath before drying to prevent water marks.

Shooter
    35mm
    Thanks so much. This answers all my questions. I was doing it correctly.

Dean

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin