Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,957   Posts: 1,558,051   Online: 1108

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format

100 Year Old Color Photos - You have got to see these.

Here are some color pictures taken circa 1910. They were made in Russia and look like they were made today. The photographer used three cameras I guess with RGB filters. I thought Kodachrome was first in color, but even if I'm wrong, these were taken decades before that. I was only able to open about 6 of the photos and with my dial up that took forever. The author is only showing a few now and will post more when he comes back from vacation. Check them out. They are at...

http://www.boston.com/bigpicture/201...ntury_ago.html

Hope you enjoy them. Ric.
    P.S. I don't know if this is the proper place to post this, but I thought you guys would be interested.

Shooter
    35mm
    Awesome, thanks!

Shooter
    35mm RF
    great!! thanks for the link.
    ....took the red pill, and just buckled up....

Chris

flickr&blog

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I just tweeted about that earlier today. Awesome images indeed. Would love to see how his camera looked like.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Very cool images. Thanks for the link.

One of the comments had this link added as to how they were created.

http://www.loc.gov/exhibits/empire/making.html

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thanks Ric !

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    wow!
    2F/2F

"Truth and love are my law and worship. Form and conscience are my manifestation and guide. Nature and peace are my shelter and companions. Order is my attitude. Beauty and perfection are my attack."

- Rob Tyner (1944 - 1991)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I have seen #7 before, but none of the others. Quite amazing, actually.
    Tom, on Point Pelee, Canada

Ansel Adams had the Zone System... I'm working on the points system. First I points it here, and then I points it there...

http://tom-overton-images.weebly.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Wow, amazing quality. Hmmm, so if color film were to disappear, there is still a way to do color.
    Items for sale or trade at www.Camera35.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by fotch View Post
    Wow, amazing quality. Hmmm, so if color film were to disappear, there is still a way to do color.
    Yep. Apart from gum bichromate, dye x-fer, carbro, and similarly involved processes in which each color layer is printed separately, the options involve digitization, however.

Also, without a bona-fide one-shot camera, which shoots all three separations simultaneously, you are limited to totally still objects if you do not want to see the separate color layers where movement occured between shots. A few of the Russian pix clearly show the effect of movement between exposures; number three on the arm on the left hand side, and number four in the water, for example. This being said, this effect is surprisingly absent in the photos over all!
    2F/2F

"Truth and love are my law and worship. Form and conscience are my manifestation and guide. Nature and peace are my shelter and companions. Order is my attitude. Beauty and perfection are my attack."

- Rob Tyner (1944 - 1991)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin