Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,951   Posts: 1,557,904   Online: 939

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Have a chat to Matthew From AG photographic supplies in the UK. He sells the Fuji Hunt Press Kit and the 2 Tetenal Kits (& has shipped to Aus)

As for the Tetenal Kits, as long as you use them in a reasonable time frame, they should be fine. From what I have been told, the Blix issue is a bit of a beat up.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I've been using the Fuji kits; available from both Ag Photo (UK) and macodirect (DE). You can buy Rollei C41 components individually as 100mL or 1L concentrates from macodirect, so that's probably a good source of bleach.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Molli, I've been using the Tetenal C41 1 lt kits ever since Agfa kits ceased being available here in Oz. I've not had anything that I'm not happy with.
    Cheers - Andy C
    ---------------------

16mm Cine, 35mm, 120, 5x4 & 7x5.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Thank you so much for your responses. I think I'll try to buy the components individually; with the bleach coming from Macodirect as Polyglot suggested. It's the "using within a reasonable time" part that was concerning me most with the kits. From what I can see, the Tetenal kits are of the powdered variety, so you have to make it up all at once. With the 1litre kits, that's entirely feasible; but I'd rather buy at least 2litres at a time (5 litres if/when I decide I like the results/start shooting enough colour film). Two litres in a liquid concentrate would, hopefully, allow me to a) do a couple of test runs to begin with and b) only use what I need without having forked out between $20 and $50 for shipping for a lesser amount.
    I'll go and check out those Fuji Hunt kits in the meantime. I think AG Photographic is where I started my search for kits with separate bleach and fix but quickly switched to other online shops when I couldn't see even a rough idea of how much shipping I'd be paying without actually putting in an order. (I'm a bit weird, if I can't see how much something is going to cost, I generally walk away to spare myself the embarrassment of asking and being told "Oh, that will be five quillion dollars, thank you very much!")

Thank you again for all of your replies. Given how up in the air I am with the direction I want to take...and haven't even shot any of the film Steve so kindly sold me recently, it will be interesting to see what I finally settle on.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Molli, the Tetenal Kits are liquid. As for a reasonable amount of time, I would still suggest that they would last quite a few months.

If in doubt, email Matt.

Cheers

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Thanks Hoffy, I just went and double checked that on Vanbar and you are correct. I wonder where I got the idea from that they were selling the kits in powdered form? Okay, so I think that's the path I'll take for a first run and I'll see how I go with it. Now I just need to get myself a better thermometer and I'm all set.

Thank you again; particularly for pointing out my error there - definitely good to know!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    You should be OK! If I can do it, you can do it!

The only time I have done C-41 was about this time last year. Its only been in the last week or 2 that I have gotten around to scan these images in (except for 1 or 2 on my old scanner last year). I have to say, thus far, they have turned out pretty good and better then I was hoping. They are probably a bit more contrasty then the films I have been getting done @ the lab, but not prohibitively. I will be curious to see how they go when printed optically.

If you are curious, the following set on my Flickr is from my home processed C41 - http://www.flickr.com/photos/ashhoff...7633517875694/

Yes, they are very car centric, but hey, that's what I do!

Cheers
    Last edited by hoffy; 05-17-2013 at 09:19 AM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: Edited to link to C41 set

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I actually just went and had a look at your stream after reading your response earlier I LOVE the photos of your girls and the photos from the car show!

One other question, do you recall how many rolls you got out of the kit? The 1 Litre kit says it's for 12. If that's as far as it stretches, it winds up being just over six dollars per roll for me when shipping is factored in from Vanbar. That's a tad "ouch". I'll need to buy a kit for the two rolls of 120 I have as I don't think either of the labs nearby do 120 - one charges $9 for dev. only of 35mm, the other charges $15! So, I'm still umming and ahhing over the economics here. Uggh, decisions, decisions!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I think I got 11 rolls out of it, simply because that's all I had at the time. I batched and did it all over 1 weekend. I know by the end the chems were starting to smell a bit rank, so I decided not to keep the solutions (+ I knew it was going to be a few months before I was going to shoot colour again). I can understand how it may be a bit of a stretch - I suppose you have to make that decision for yourself!

Cheers

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Damn, and here I was hoping someone would just order me to do one particular thing! I'll be fine once I make up my mind... I'm just dithering at the moment. Push will come to shove once I actually put a few rolls of this film through my camera.
    Thanks again for your help, Hoffy.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin