Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,001   Posts: 1,524,374   Online: 890

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Near Tavistock, Devon, on the edge of Dartmoor.
    Shooter
    35mm

New CT Precisa Film

This one passed me by. I don't recall seeing on APUG any mention of the fact that Agfaphoto are now selling CT Precisa 100 slide film once again. (Before anyone jumps up and down, I'm quite prepared to believe that it's been mentioned and I missed it.)

I've never used the film, but after a few years when only Kodak and Fuji were flogging slide films, it's good that there's a third player again.

Steve

Shooter
    35mm
    Unfortunately, it doesn't appear there is a third player. The general consensus is that it's made by Kodak, and is the same as their consumer Elitechrome 100, although the real Agfa still makes a 200 ISO slide film for Rollei based on one of their previous films. Agfaphoto's print films are made by Ferrania.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I thought Ferrania left the market...I guess not. So are you saying that this film is Elite Chrome 100 labeled Prescia?
    Helping to save analog photography one exposure at a time

Shooter
    35mm
    The new CT Precise which I have recently purhased says "Made in Japan".

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Fuji then....this is a very confusing situation

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I'd like to try some Agfa films but I haven't got a clue where in USA I could find them..Any ideas?

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by railwayman3 View Post
    The new CT Precise which I have recently purhased says "Made in Japan".
    They may have changed suppliers. I know there was talk a few months back on either this site or another that it was Elite Chrome 100. Yes, Ferrania is still in business. They almost went under awhile back, but the Italian government came to their rescue. I don't know how viable they are as a company in the long-term.

Near Tavistock, Devon, on the edge of Dartmoor.
    Shooter
    35mm
    Here's the link to what it says on Agfaphoto's site. Anyone read German?
    http://www.agfaphoto.com/appc/conten...7ea15a08856c9f

Steve

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Google does:

Information:

The CT precisa lives up to its name. For his performance proves particularly through the exact rendition of colors.

Slides as impressive as the original Picture and razor sharp

With the CT precisa 100 every slide-show is a special experience. For, with exceptional precision, this film your impressions and experiences from original. Every color and unadulterated, of course - sky blue, sun yellow or brick red.

Another plus: the razor-sharp outlines in all levels of brightness. Ideal for sun and cloudless sky. Pure radiant colors, extreme sharpness and fine grain. Detail in all areas of light and shadow areas.

ath
    Shooter
    35mm
    I used some of the Agfaphoto CT Precisa and compared it to Kodak Elitechrome 100. They were definitely the same emulsion, but the quality standard in finishing was much lower. Canisters didn't run smooth, the border signature (incl. frame number) was barely visible.

The last one I used expired in Oct 2010; there may have been a change in the meanwhile.
    This is the english version of Lupus' page about Precisa.

I wouldn't bet a penny on this data sheet; the data apparently it is only a copy from the last "original Agfa" one.
    Regards,
    Andreas

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin