Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,714   Posts: 1,483,038   Online: 796

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Aurum,

Gelatin emulsion holds the dyes.

What is removed in C-41 process, compared to BW, is just metallic silver.

Shooter
    35mm
    I've heard great things about running it through the wash. My friend peter did it and his ektar ended up looking amazing.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by patois View Post
    I've heard great things about running it through the wash. My friend peter did it and his ektar ended up looking amazing.
    What do you mean by "wash"? Just washing processed film doesn't do anything to the image, but it can affect the longevity as the protection from final rinse is washed away. Washing before developer (prewet) doesn't do anything, either.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I think he means actually laundering it!
    "Only dead fish follow the stream"

[APUG Portfolio] [APUG Blog] [Website]

North America just north of that sharp right turn North America makes on the Atlantic coast.
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Unroll the film in a dark bag with some glow in the dark items, re-roll and shoot to see what it looks like. I always take off my watch with glowing hands when I use the dark bag, but it might be interesting to see what it would do.
    "Would you like it if someone that painted in oils told you that you were not making portraits because you were using a camera?"
    "Shouldn't it be more about the joy of producing and viewing the photo than what you paid for the camera?"

Me

North America just north of that sharp right turn North America makes on the Atlantic coast.
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by patois View Post
    I think you would need to know exactly what laundry soap was used to reproduce the same results, laundry soaps are generally the same in that they all wash your cloths, but the amounts of of phosphates, lye, surfactants, borax, and other chemicals are different depending on the brand the cleaning chemicals would effect the film in different ways. Maybe try several different brands and see what works best.

patois, I think your friend got lucky and got the right detergent right off the bat.
    "Would you like it if someone that painted in oils told you that you were not making portraits because you were using a camera?"
    "Shouldn't it be more about the joy of producing and viewing the photo than what you paid for the camera?"

Me

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin