Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,956   Posts: 1,522,909   Online: 1205

Shooter
    Medium Format

Tungsten film with 85 filter

I've been thinking recently of buying up a bunch of Fuji 64T film and using an 85 filter to daylight balance it. The film is quite cheap, especially the quickloads, which are about $1/sheet which is a good price.

Besides a loss of speed on otherwise slow film, is there anything to worry about here? How's the quality of a solution like this?

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Many people use this combination. It will work very well. Just don't forget to use the filter or correction factor, which is easy when shooting in a non SLR TTL environment. Not that I've done that before or anything...:-/
    --Nicholas Andre

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Be careful. You need to use an 85B filter, otherwise the color will be slightly cool. That said, Tungsten film with an 85B filter is as good as daylight.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
    "Panic not my child, the Great Yellow Father has your hand"--Larry Dressler

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I had shot tungsten in daylight with the proper filtration, the film was Ektachrome 64T and I was very pleased with what I got. It was discontinued shortly after, unfortunately, but it was great film
    Helping to save analog photography one exposure at a time

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin