Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,732   Posts: 1,515,266   Online: 797

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    #12 is what the spec calls for... but since none of us are hoping for scientifically precise colors, a #15 could give interesting results too. As I understand it, every layer in this emulsion is blue sensitive, so the #12 is exactly "minus blue", and any other filter is probably going to allow a little blue to sneak in.

Duncan

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Yellow & orange seem to produce the best results.

I haven't X-pro'd, but people do it. It'd be cool to give it a shot on RA-4! Do share once you've done it
    If you are the big tree, we are the small axe

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Good. I have a few yellow, orange and red filters to try on my RB67 Pro S (all 77mm which match all my lenses) and I might get the proper #12 as well since B&H has them in stock.

Our postal strike is a problem at the moment since the seller of the film usually sends regular parcel but if that gets settled or if the seller can get me some other reasonable shipping from Germany I will try it with C-41 cross processing and RA-4 printing. I will of course share if I get anything good.
    Harry Pulley - Visit the BLIND PRINT EXCHANGE FORUM

Happiness is...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    By the way, polygot, what you describe sounds very interesting. I'd love to see some alternate color combinations using IR layers. I think it would be cool to have a wide variety of "false color" films, and indeed, some of the assembly color techniques (dye-imbibition, color carbon, even color gum) have opportunities for that.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    All the film I've gotten from him ships out of California. I presume he sends a big box full of parcels to a friend there, who then reships them individually to save money vs direct from Germany. Not that that helps your postal strike problem, but maybe some alternative won't be as expensive as you're thinking?

Duncan

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I shot a ton of EIR about 40 years ago. Really liked the effect.

There are other things I did 40 years ago that I enjoyed more.

- Leigh

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    You could try shooting tri-colour separation with green, red, and IR filter on b&w IR film (it just the IR frame on the IR film for interchangeable backs).

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Leigh B View Post
    I shot a ton of EIR about 40 years ago. Really liked the effect.

There are other things I did 40 years ago that I enjoyed more.

- Leigh
    Such as...?

EIR is kind of a 'one-trick pony', but it's such a unique product I had to at least shoot it a couple times myself. And time is running out...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I bought some! It arrived on Friday and I shot a roll of simple landscapes and farmscapes through my Mamiya RB67 ProS with 90mm KL and 180mm lenses with Yellow 15 and Orange 21 filters. I developed it in freshly mixed JOBO Press Kit C-41 chemicals, 3:30 dev @35C, 6:30 blix @36C using the Kodak 1443 data sheet as a rough guide as I'm not really sure the difference from Flexicolor and the Kodak instructions are for aerial 40 ISO use anyways while I'm shooting at sea level.

So, anyone know of a starting filter pack to try? The data sheet says you can cross process in C-41 and then print to RA-4 but doesn't suggest filter settings. I've never cross processed slide film in C-41 before so I'm not sure even how much to add because this film lacks the normal orange base. This is false color IR film so I suppose it doesn't matter and most of my paper is expired anyways but if anyone else has done this, please let me know.

The negatives are drying now so I can't scan them until after work sadly. If I'm not too tired I'll fire up the dichroic head and Ektacolor RT RA chemicals to see how this stuff looks printed. Can't wait!

Will try some people shots on the next roll.
    Harry Pulley - Visit the BLIND PRINT EXCHANGE FORUM

Happiness is...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Awesome, looking forward to some scans!

You might have to "pioneer" a filter pack for this stuff, but once you do, you'll get all the credit.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin