Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,550   Posts: 1,573,073   Online: 810

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Ummmm, really nice stuff hpulley. Those are Ciba worthy images.

I will contact Dean and see if any of this medium unobtanium is still available.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    First roll, just trying stuff out. Thanks.

Actually these are negatives I made so no need for Cibachrome, will be doing RA-4.

Says he has lots left, expensive though.
    Harry Pulley - Visit the BLIND PRINT EXCHANGE FORUM

Happiness is...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I thought EIR was a slide film. Sorrry. Anyway, I'm sure I'll find out prices if I inquire, but I may not bother if it is expensive. Do you know what formats he sells, and what sort of prices? I hope he speaks English, as I certainly don't speak or even recognize the language on his website. Sorry, I'm culturally dull. I only speak English and Spanish, much to my chagrin.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by SkipA View Post
    I thought EIR was a slide film. Sorrry. Anyway, I'm sure I'll find out prices if I inquire, but I may not bother if it is expensive. Do you know what formats he sells, and what sort of prices? I hope he speaks English, as I certainly don't speak or even recognize the language on his website. Sorry, I'm culturally dull. I only speak English and Spanish, much to my chagrin.
    You're right, it is slide film but it can also be processed in C-41 or AN-5 to produce a negative. I processed it in C-41 so I can print it cheaply on RA-4 paper. I don't even have a MF slide projector and I don't do E6 at home so I chose to cross process it.

He writes excellent English. I think it is 120 format only, $25/roll. Expensive but cut down from large sheets and the last supply on earth so he can pretty much charge what he wants.

Happiness is...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    He'll also cut it into 4x5" if you're interested.

I think Dean B. is an American Ex-Pat, or something like that. Anyways... just don't mention reconstructing infrared separation negatives in photoshop to him...
    If you are the big tree, we are the small axe

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    He's actually not very keen on cutting it into 4x5 at all, though he grudgingly did some for me and it ain't cheap! He's more willing to cut it into 8x10, though, since that makes it worth his while.

Duncan

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Indeed, it took him longer to do it. He seemed willing, but I seem to recall he wanted a minimum amount.

At any rate; this is such a unique opportunity, and if he wasn't single-handedly taking it upon himself, there would be no access to this film. I'm just happy to say I'm a part of it. It's like if someone was cutting down and selling rolls of Tech Pan or Panatomic.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Indeed it is great just to be shooting, developing and printing the stuff. Expensive but well worth supporting the last supplier.

Happiness is...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I wonder how much of this film is left. I guess I shouldn't tarry if I want to try it.

Ans: Apparently not a lot. See note as of June 23, 2011 here http://www.tarquinius.de/

Does Dean cut and spool it with paper backing on 120 reels, or just supply the film cut to size?

Ans: Spooled on 120 reels with backing. That was also noted here http://www.tarquinius.de/

Edited to add answers, which I found easily by search engine.
    Last edited by SkipA; 07-26-2011 at 08:58 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Well thanks for providing a Q&A

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin