Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,553   Posts: 1,544,987   Online: 668

Thread: Durst RCP20

Shooter
    Med. Format RF

Durst RCP20

Hello, I found a Durst RCP 20 processor and i would like to use it for 8x10 color paper processing... The problem is that this Durst works with a long time of developing and bleaching-fixing... about 2,20 minutes. I'm using the Tetenal Kit 5l that is for 35° developing, 45 seconds for each bath. I'm trying it with drum at 30° for 1,20 minutes, and it seems to work fine! If I try to work at 20° the processing time should be about 2,20 minutes... So, according to you can I use Durst RCP20 with chemicals at 20° and 2,20 minutes for each bath?

Or, do you know if is possible to modify Durst rcp20 time processing (for 45'' or 1,2 minutes processing?)

p.s.
    last question: can you suggest me a good color processor machine up to 20x24''? I'm using a 3063 jobo drum, but I would like to process all formats of paper in the same machine.

thank you!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    yes you can modify the RCP 20 to speed up the process, but sorry I can't remember how it was done..

A friend of mine used to use one for color and black and white processing - he had a switch on it which changed the motor speed.

If you are only going to use 1 processing time then I would replace 1 of the gears on the drive unit - changing the size of it will change the running speed of the machine..

You do not have to get exactly 45 seconds in each bath - 40 or 55 seconds will work just as well - as long as it is the SAME time every time

Cheers
    A camera is only a black box with a hole in it....

my blog...some film, some digital http://andrewk1965.wordpress.com/

Shooter
    Multi Format
    if is possible to modify Durst rcp20 time processing (for 45'' or 1,2 minutes processing?
    If you Google for info, you will find you can change two gears to get the proper speed for RA 4. I have a RCP20 and loved using it with the old EP-2 process. One of theses days, I may convert mine, meanwhile, I will use my Jobo.
    Items for sale or trade at www.Camera35.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I found the link for the info
    http://www.vogelstimmen-wehr.de/rcp20.htm
    Items for sale or trade at www.Camera35.com

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    For a 20° processing any experiences?
    However thanks for your help

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I have modified my RCP-20 back and forth many times. It is not difficult to do. There are a set of plastic gears that you need to deal with. One is on the driving shaft from the motor and the other is on the long driving shaft for the rack rollers. The gears can be taken off without much difficulty. I got a couple of gears found from an electronics surplus store for a few dollars. I was able to match them to speed up the driving shaft for the rack rollers to about 1 minute for the developer and blix bath. This is still still slower then 45 second desired. But The RCP-20 temperature can be lowered to maybe around 80 degrees for this 1 minute development time.

I also modified it again to change the gear ratio so that the time becomes 3 min and 30 seconds. I thought to use it as a C-41 processor. I can use C-41 RA chemicals as it needs less than 3 minutes to bleach the film and I can run the fix and final rinse cycle on separate tanks. Well, I never get to use it yet though. I may reverse it back to the gear set for 1 minute process time for RA-4 again.

RCP-20 uses a toothed belt for linking the gears. So the gears do not contact each other. The gears are industry standard gears and so is the belt. You can find different sizes of them for the conversion. The motor mount is adjustable so you can move the motor either closer or farther between the gears. Just adjust it so that the belt is tightly wrapped on the gears.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin