Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 76,268   Posts: 1,680,881   Online: 1013

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Kodak Ektar 125

Shooter
    35mm
    Sweet.. how much is that? 200 rolls?

Shooter
    35mm
    Anon Ymous - Did Kodak publish anything acknowledging that? I still have not found a copy of the spec sheet although I am not sure if there would be anything mentioned regarding this.

bblhed - I have a couple more rolls to finish up at the newly determined ISO just to be sure the results are consistent. If they hold up I can't imagine parting with it!

Ihmemies - I haven't counted as I wasn't sure it was going to even be worthwhile. The kind gentleman who sold it said there were over 150 rolls in the box and he even wanted to count them out for me when I bought it but for the price I told him not to even bother!

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Les Sarile View Post
    Anon Ymous - Did Kodak publish anything acknowledging that? I still have not found a copy of the spec sheet although I am not sure if there would be anything mentioned regarding this...
    None that I'm aware of, but I find it hard to believe that a film coated perhaps in 1989 wouldn't require a formaldehyde based stabiliser; it's about a decade before 2000. And even if you found a relevant data sheet, it wouldn't mention anything about which stabiliser to use. Modern stabilisers weren't available.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I am glad you have done a proper test to find out what to expect. There is an interesting difference between two stops over (f/4) and three stops over (f/2.8). It is a bit of a hassle that it has to be used at EI 32, but better than nothing!

Be aware that this film is old enough that it ought to be stabilized in the old Kodak Stabilizer, not Final Rinse, as is now used in the C-41 process. The recipe for making your own Stabilizer substitute using Photo Flo as a base is around A.P.U.G. If you are having your negs lab processed, it would be advisable to order the lab not to cut them, so you can more easily stabilize them at home.
    2F/2F

"Truth and love are my law and worship. Form and conscience are my manifestation and guide. Nature and peace are my shelter and companions. Order is my attitude. Beauty and perfection are my attack."

- Rob Tyner (1944 - 1991)

Shooter
    35mm
    2F/2F - The ideal exposure is at f8 as I kept the camera setting at f8 @ 1/60 and varied the lights to under (f5.6, f4 and f2.8) and over (f11, f16, f22 and f32) expose.

I will look into stabilizing the none test rolls. Thanks very much for pointing this out.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Les Sarile View Post
    2F/2F - The ideal exposure is at f8 as I kept the camera setting at f8 @ 1/60 and varied the lights to under (f5.6, f4 and f2.8) and over (f11, f16, f22 and f32) expose.

I will look into stabilizing the none test rolls. Thanks very much for pointing this out.
    I misunderstood your test series to mean that the f stops listed were the f stops used, not flash meter readings. I thought that the one labeled f/8 was rated at EI 125, and the one shot at f/4 was rated at EI 32. The shot that you labeled f/4 is the best, IMO, or possibly the one labeled f/5.6. This is why I thought you had settled on using EI 32. Since this it the method you used, you should be fine at EI 125 or 64. The one labeled f/8 is overexposed to my eyes, and suffers in contrast because of it. However, our computer screens could be very different.
    Last edited by 2F/2F; 09-21-2010 at 01:46 AM. Click to view previous post history.
    2F/2F

"Truth and love are my law and worship. Form and conscience are my manifestation and guide. Nature and peace are my shelter and companions. Order is my attitude. Beauty and perfection are my attack."

- Rob Tyner (1944 - 1991)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin