Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,821   Posts: 1,581,760   Online: 1098

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Shooter
    35mm

Kodak paper available in sheets

I just noticed on Macodirect.de that some Kodak papers are being sold in boxes of 50 & 100. The papers are Ultra Endura and Supra VC. The boxes are white, not yellow but they don't look like the Ilford boxes that Fuji CA is being packed into. Presumably someone is cutting down rolls.

Does anyone know anything about these papers?

http://www.macodirect.de/paper-kodak-c-416_625_647.html
    Steve.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I like the European sizes a lot better than the U.S. sizes. 24x30 and 30x40 cm are great sizes that I never saw here when Kodak cut paper was available. Thanks for the link, however, I think I will be cutting down my own rolls to save money.
    2F/2F

"Truth and love are my law and worship. Form and conscience are my manifestation and guide. Nature and peace are my shelter and companions. Order is my attitude. Beauty and perfection are my attack."

- Rob Tyner (1944 - 1991)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    From another supplier (Nordphoto)I heard that Kodak delivers only rolls so they (or some other company) are cutting down the rolls.

It is original Kodak but they can not use the Kodak boxes

John

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Quote Originally Posted by perkeleellinen View Post
    Does anyone know anything about these papers?
    Yes. They are about four times more expensive than paper in rolls.

Shooter
    35mm
    And the colors they produce are not exactly subtle :P If you like fancy color effects, then the paper might be OK.

Shooter
    35mm
    The Utlra, in particular, might be suitable for a project I'm doing which is mostly colours in abstract. I think a bolder paper may work well.
    Steve.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    This may not be the most appropriate thread, but I'm new to color paper development and can't find a lot of info on what to choose in far as paper and processing. To begin, what papers are recommended for home use? In particular, for vivid nature shots. I've seen a bit of info about RA-4 and it seems that chemicals are very cheap, but I'd like to do more research before I choose a path.

Shooter
    35mm
    Mike, until very recently, the Kodak paper 'Supra Endura' was what most people here used and it was great. Unfortunately Kodak has stopped making it and replaced it with a paper optimised for digital. Apparently this new paper can still be used optically, but I've not tried it as I stock piled the Endura when I heard it was to be cut. The biggest problem is trying to source paper in sheet form as the remaining RA4 papers are sold as rolls. Here in the UK Fuji Crystal Archive is being cut down by a 3rd party. I don't know what the situation is in the US, but I'm sure some enterprising individual could buy up rolls of Kodak Edge paper (for example) and cut them down.
    Steve.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by perkeleellinen View Post
    Mike, until very recently, the Kodak paper 'Supra Endura' was what most people here used and it was great. Unfortunately Kodak has stopped making it and replaced it with a paper optimised for digital. Apparently this new paper can still be used optically, but I've not tried it as I stock piled the Endura when I heard it was to be cut. The biggest problem is trying to source paper in sheet form as the remaining RA4 papers are sold as rolls. Here in the UK Fuji Crystal Archive is being cut down by a 3rd party. I don't know what the situation is in the US, but I'm sure some enterprising individual could buy up rolls of Kodak Edge paper (for example) and cut them down.
    Thank you for the info/update. I've only ever printed B&W and understand the differences in B&W papers, so posts like this are helpful. I'm going to guess RA4 papers is the basic "kind" of paper to get? Like Multi-contrast for B&W. I kind of assumed it would be hard to find sheet papers from the premise of this thread. It looks like rolls would be cheaper anyway, which is always better for me on a very tight budget.

Shooter
    35mm
    Years back RA4 papers came in different contrasts (Kodak had 'portra', 'endura' and 'ultra'), these days we get a choice of matt or gloss and nothing else! There is a choice of papers but most are designed for digital exposure and may not work very well, there's also some thicker, 'premium' papers (such as Endura) and thinner 'budget' papers (such as Kodak Edge). In the US, I think you have a wider choice than we do over here as I think there's a paper made by Mitsubishi and another supplied by a photo outlet place whose name I forget.
    Steve.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin