Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,295   Posts: 1,535,597   Online: 1111

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    Large Format
    Hi, Eugene,

Very interesting re: lack of age fogging. That box of paper must be at least eight years old! As for determining age - Kodak only started putting standard date codes (exp. month/year) on their paper at the tail end of the supra endura run. Before this the only way to find out has always been to call Peter in kodak pro (1800-242-2424 ext. 13) and have him i.d. the emulsion code # (usually a slew of numbers and letters located under the cat. #). I somehow doubt their emulsion code records go back as far as the supra iii days but who knows. It must be that the supra iii emulsion is much more stable in it's unexposed state than the endura media. This would be funny as, iirmc, when kodak replaced supra three with endura the primary selling point was its resistance to color fading. It was a time when curators and galleries preferred their cprints on the newly offered fuji crystal archive which boasted a longevity of 100 years as opposed to kodak supra three's twenty. Who would have guessed that the trade-off for print longevity would be paper freshness!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    And now the results.

I have received the roll of Supra III today from B&H. I ran my first test print and it looks just like the paper in the package I had! The print shows nice soft colors, clean whites, very good shadow detail and no fogging. I see none of the yellowing that my older Supra has and no hyper-contrast of the digital papers. And to top it all, a nice bargain!

Thanks guys for all your help, I'm off to my darkroom!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin