Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,536   Posts: 1,544,212   Online: 877

Shooter
    Multi Format

Is this paper any good?

Today i bought an enlarger and some other things and the seller gave me some old paper he had for free. Can it be dated? Any chance it still can produce decent prints. Kodak polyfiber and Ilford RC rapid. Both boxes feel full and i dont want to toss them if they can be used.

Thanks
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 016.JPG  

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Give it a try. I was given a box of old paper - some of it from the 1930-40s is still usable. You never know until you try.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The Ilford Multigrade III is quite old. I bought a bunch of this in a mixed lot recently, and almost all of it was at least partially fogged.

Here is a link to the thread I started on it: http://www.apug.org/forums/forum37/7...iii-paper.html

I certainly wouldn't hesitate to try it out.

EDIT: I just noticed that you posted this in the Colour: Film and Paper forum. I'm assuming you know that your paper is Black & White
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    I have a stash of Ilford MG III that I use for lith printing. Also have a couple of boxes of Kodak Bromesko that have been used for a postcard exchange - Both lots of paper have been fine. On the other hand, picked up a part used box of Ilford MG IV, and it is fogged beyond use, so it is getting fixed out & used for carbon printing.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    If you try it out printing black/white you might find it quite grey and lacking in contrast if it's very old. Use it as POP or make some Lumen-prints out of it!
    http://www.alternativephotography.co...nting-lycksten

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin