Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,484   Posts: 1,571,251   Online: 1045

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Near Tavistock, Devon, on the edge of Dartmoor.
    Shooter
    35mm
    Thanks Matt. I'll print your instructions for future reference!
    Best wishes,
    Steve

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve Roberts View Post
    I found myself thinking about the deadline for getting the film to Switzerland for onward shipment to Dwayne's. I couldn't help wondering, as the Day of Reckoning approaches, surely Dwayne's is going to be snowed under with work. Can anyone 'in the know' say whether Dwayne's are gearing up for this influx of work? I imagine that there could conceivably be a large number of disappointed people who may have sent films in good time but don't get them back processed.
    If I remember well what I read, Dwayne and Kodak basically state that they will not process film which will arrive after the deadline. They don't say that Kodachrome processing will cease the day of the deadline.

When I read it I interpreted it as if they were guaranteeing processing for every film which reached the laboratory within the deadline (even if they did not use the word "guarantee" probably). I would not be surprised if processing activity will be prolonged for a couple weeks or more to work all the film arrived within the deadline. This is process prepaid material, nobody is going to be economically hurt even if processing had to go on for months.

Fabrizio

Shooter
    Multi Format
    The deadline is that Dwayne's receives it by 30 December 2010.

Steve
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

msa
    Shooter
    35mm RF
    I've been batching my remaining Kodachrome directly to Dwayne's, 6 rolls at a time.

The last shipment arrived last week, and they turned it around in two days from receipt based on the tracking information both ways.

If there's a rush, it's not visibly slowing them down any.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin