Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,926   Posts: 1,585,155   Online: 856

Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Ouch! Just finished kodak's sigle use e-6 kit and ordered tetenal's 3 step for replacement.

I wasn't aware of grain issues.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Okay, here's a flat out question I'd like a flat out answer for:

Being in the US, what are the available E6 kits I have access to, and from where? I'd optimally like a full 6-bath, and I'd like to not have to buy gallons of each at a time...but god, I'd take anything right now. The Arista 3-bath kits are the ONLY thing I can find.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I was thinking, and I believe my previous post was in error. I did find 1980s slides, but I'm pretty sure those were six step. The three step came out later. I did use three bath, though. I'm not sure if it may be different for more recent films but I recall when the three bath stuff came out a friend who ran a lab at the time tried it in comparison to the six bath and actually preferred (slightly) the color from the three bath.

Shooter
    35mm

Instructions For The Arista Rapid E6 With Chemical Information

Just got the Arista E6 kit in. This is all it says about the chemicals in the BLIX:

BLIX PART A
    Contains: Ammonium Thiosulfate
    BLIX PART B
    Contains: (Ethylenedinitrillo) tetraacetic acid EDTA

Shooter
    35mm Pan
    Is there a way to obtain the Tetenal E-6 kit in the US?

Shooter
    Large Format
    I got mine here:
    Webb Cam LLC
    241 North 12th Street
    Philadelphia, PA 19107-1722
    (215) 923-8380
    webbcam.net‎

Oddly, I was harassed by the owner about buying the kit and was told to get a digital camera. Super weird...since he probably makes more money off the kit every few months than he would selling me a digicam.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Tetenal sells a "stabilzer" which includes formaldehyde, but since I live in the EU i can't tell if this is available in the US.

i tried to find a datasheet for the contents but couldn't.
    maybe this helps.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by N467RX View Post
    Is there a way to obtain the Tetenal E-6 kit in the US?
    You can get it shipped from overseas, someone sells it on ebay, it's EXPENSIVE though about $150-200 shipped. The cheapest 6 bath set up is about $600-700. The only other alternative is the Unicolor 3 bath kit, also known as the artisan kit available from freestylephoto.biz

There are no other options in the US.

Personally, I picked up new cubes of fuji chemicals from a lab that locally stopped developing film for dirt cheap ($50 / cube.)

Shooter
    35mm Pan
    Quote Originally Posted by AlbertZeroK View Post
    You can get it shipped from overseas, someone sells it on ebay, it's EXPENSIVE though about $150-200 shipped. The cheapest 6 bath set up is about $600-700. The only other alternative is the Unicolor 3 bath kit, also known as the artisan kit available from freestylephoto.biz

There are no other options in the US.

Personally, I picked up new cubes of fuji chemicals from a lab that locally stopped developing film for dirt cheap ($50 / cube.)
    Nevermind. I'll stick to the Arista 3 bath kit then.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Ian Mazursky posted a link in a thread on another forum to his site where he has a spreadsheet that lists all the Kodak EAR6 and E6 10 Liter component CAT numbers, as well as corrected dilution instructions for making working solutions from them. Ian said that the Kodak CIS49 publication instructions for "Preparing Smaller-Than-Package-Size Amounts of KODAK Processing Chemicals" are incorrect for the EAR6 and 10 Liter components. Kodak reportedly confirmed that, and they indicated that they planned to update the document. Ian built his spreadsheet with the help of Kodak to get the corrected dilutions.

Downloads page at Ian's site: PrePress for Photographers - Downloads

Ian's spreadsheet: Splitting Kodak E-6 Chemicals xlsx

If you are interested in using the 10L or EAR6 components to make your working solutions from, you may find Ian's spreadsheet helpful.

Here are all of Kodak's Z-119 Process E-6 manuals.

Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin