Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,671   Posts: 1,481,805   Online: 1097

Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast
    Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by brucemuir View Post
    Adorama will ship and has some but not all the chemicals and sometimes will stock part A of a solution but no part B or C if needed.
    Major PITA.
    Thank you for alerting me to this; I do apologize for the inconvenience; I'm checking with the head buyer as to why this is happening.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    It really is a disaster trying to figure out what to buy for E6 processing and Kodak isn't exactly helpful. Many places sell some of the chemicals but not others - for example, first developer but not color developer or no bleach. One thing that would really be great is for Adorama, Calumet, or B&H (etc.) provide a list on their website of all the Kodak (or whoever's - doesn't matter) chemicals necessary to process E-6, C-41, and RA-4 with links to the product on their site. (The same could be done for B/W products, too.) If the smallest we can get is 10L size than so be it - it would just be nice to know what to buy and one place where you could get all of it so you don't have to pay shipping from 3 different places.

There is a lot of film camera activity on eBay right now - Pentax anyway. My daughter wants a new film camera and the days of the $10 SLR seem to be over - or at least not this week! Prices aren't sky-high but they are not as low as they were, either.
    Last edited by kb3lms; 11-29-2010 at 08:27 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    35mm
    An update; according to our purchasing department, the three chemicals, A, B & C are always ordered in from the supplier all together, so we can't see any reason why we'd be running out of one before another.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Doesn't make sense does it Helen...

my guess is the same partial availability situation exists at a few other suppliers (I've noticed this at Calumet) so people grab A from here and B&C from there or wherever it can be found.

I almost had to do that once but I would've had to pay shipping from several parts of the Country (mucho dinero) and I am so close to NYC I considered driving up there from DC just to do a Color Chemical run

I do really appreciate you looking into this and I know I'm not the only one.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by brucemuir View Post
    Doesn't make sense does it Helen...
    Forgive me for not being so familiar with the products or how they are used.........we really need to be stocking this?

Single-Use Chemistry Kit, Process E-6, http://www.kodak.com/global/en/profe...18/13629/13815

Or maybe we need to drop ship it if possible?

I can't promise anything til I speak to the purchasing department, but I would have thought there must be something we can do to make this all a bit less of problematic for you all.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Helen, the
    "Kodak Single Use E6 Kit 5L" that you linked has been discontinued just recently and this thread is basically discussing a replacement for that smaller 5L kit. That "KIT" has everything in a smallish box that you need for processing E6/slides.

Now Kodak has NOT discontinued larger (10L) sizes of each individual chemical needed but this is costly and most here don't have the throughput of film to warrant purchasing that much chemistry all at once. Hence, why this thread is bemoaning the demise of the smaller kits.

In my post that you quoted above, I was alluding that although Adorama WILL ship (yeah!, we thank you for that), they often are out of one of the components needed of the larger 10L sizes.

To make things worse, some of the E6 chemicals come is 2 or 3 parts plus a starter and it is getting hard to find one place that has everything.

If you want to discuss this in detail you can PM me.

Thanks for your continuing efforts as always,
    Bruce
    Last edited by brucemuir; 12-01-2010 at 11:34 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by HelenOster View Post
    Forgive me for not being so familiar with the products or how they are used.........we really need to be stocking this?

Single-Use Chemistry Kit, Process E-6, http://www.kodak.com/global/en/profe...18/13629/13815

Or maybe we need to drop ship it if possible?
    Helen,

I can almost promise you that if you'll tie together all the pieces from the confusing Kodak mess into a "Kit" despite the fact that it's now become a dozen different Kodak part numbers you'll sell them. (EDIT: And ship them, too. I've been able to find the 5L kits in places, but it's hardly easy for me to drive 800 miles one way to pick one up.)

Trying to figure out just what the evil to buy for E-6, C-41, and RA-4 has driven me - and others - bonkers for a while. The Rollei 1L kit mentioned elsewhere is too small for use as one-shot in a home rotary processor. 10L is a little much, but more than enough is better than not enough.

The problem with the 10L chems is that they're scattered all of the place. I can't "buy" one 10L package, and in the past getting anyone to ship the color chems has been difficult because of the Hazmat issue.

EDIT: So, in the end, if there was a single Adorama P/N that had all the bottles of everything one needs (and I cannot answer what this means, a whole bunch of Kodak P/Ns) and it could be shipped despite the fact that there's a Hazmat fee, I'd buy it. Same for a C-41 kit and for an RA-4 kit. I think Kodak - as well as the major resellers - tremendously underestimates the pent-up energy for home color. It might have been very difficult to someone in 1962 to control the process, but it's not difficult now.

Now, having said this, realize that people will start with the "kit" and reorder individual chems. The bleach lasts a long time, and is easy to recover and rejuvenate. And it's expensive. So people will order bottles of the others to extend the life of their chems.
    Last edited by michaelbsc; 12-01-2010 at 03:24 PM. Click to view previous post history.
    Michael Batchelor
    Industrial Informatics, Inc.
    www.industrialinformatics.com

The camera catches light. The photographer catches life.

Shooter
    35mm
    I've passed all the feedback to our purchasing department manager; I'll keep you updated as and when I get any info.

Shooter
    127 Format
    Thanks Helen !!

(have credit card at the ready)
    - Bill Lynch

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by michaelbsc View Post
    So, in the end, if there was a single Adorama P/N that had all the bottles of everything one needs (and I cannot answer what this means, a whole bunch of Kodak P/Ns) and it could be shipped despite the fact that there's a Hazmat fee, I'd buy it.
    I actually tried to figure this out the other day, and it's nearly impossible! Kodak's website just tells you to check with your local retailer, since packaging and such varies by region, but then all the local retailers each only carry bits and pieces of what's needed. I did finally track down a Kodak publication that seems to give the most complete description of what is needed, including the usually-obscure instructions for how to deal with starters and replenishers. (Sadly, this now-out-of-date pub states that for what we do, the 5L kit is ideal. Sigh.)

Kodak Professional Chemicals, Process E6 (pub J-83, November 2005)

For the historical record, in case that link becomes dead someday:

For Replenished Small- and Medium-Volume
    Processing
    These sizes are appropriate for large sink lines or rotary
    tubes, minilabs, and low-volume automatic processors. To
    prepare first developer, color developer, and bleach working
    solutions, add the appropriate starter according to the mixing
    instructions on the package.

To Make 10 Litres

CAT No. Description

831 3611 KODAK PROFESSIONAL First
    Developer Replenisher, Process E-6

167 1577 KODAK PROFESSIONAL First
    Developer Starter, Process E-6
    To make 26 gal

112 3611 KODAK PROFESSIONAL Reversal
    Bath and Replenisher, Process E-6

182 7872 KODAK PROFESSIONAL Color

185 8158 KODAK PROFESSIONAL Color
    Developer Starter II, Process E-6
    To make 25 gal (1-pt concentrate)

128 6228 KODAK PROFESSIONAL Pre-Bleach
    and Replenisher, Process E-6

819 2395 KODAK PROFESSIONAL Bleach
    Replenisher, Process E-6
    (two 5-litre bottles)

177 9792 KODAKPROFESSIONAL Bleach
    Starter, Process E-6
    To make 25 gal (1/2-gal concentrate)

154 5466 KODAK PROFESSIONAL Fixer and
    Replenisher, Process E-6

814 0279 KODAK PROFESSIONAL Final Rinse

To Make 5 Gallons

CAT No. Description

100 7608 KODAK PROFESSIONAL First

167 1577 KODAK PROFESSIONAL First
    Developer Starter, Process E-6
    To make 26 gal

113 1580 KODAK PROFESSIONAL Reversal
    Bath and Replenisher, Process E-6

837 2542 KODAK PROFESSIONAL Color

185 8158 KODAK Color Developer Starter II,
    Process E-6
    To make 25 gal (1-pt concentrate)

802 6569 KODAK PROFESSIONAL Pre-Bleach

196 5623 KODAK PROFESSIONAL Bleach
    Replenisher, Process E-6AR

177 9792 KODAK PROFESSIONAL Bleach
    Starter, Process E-6
    To make 25 gal (1/2-gal concentrate)

127 8019 KODAK PROFESSIONAL Fixer and
    Replenisher, Process E-6

890 9590 KODAK PROFESSIONAL Final Rinse

125 3566 KODAK PROFESSIONAL Defoamer,
    Process E-6
    (4-oz bottle)*

* Use with first and color developers in machines with nitrogen agitation.
    They do also mention using the individual chemicals in the 1 gallon size. The whole point of the 5L kit was to not have to do that, so now that the 5L kit is gone maybe the 1 gallon part numbers are gone too, but here they are according to that pub, in case they are still out there:

For Non-Replenished Small-Volume
    Processing
    This five-litre kit is for use with small-volume tanks,
    unreplenished sink lines, and rotary-tube processors.
    Processing Kit - To Make 5 Litres

CAT No. Description

Now Use 107 7643 KODAK PROFESSIONAL
    Single-Use Chemistry Kit, Process
    E-6, to make 5 litres

Replaces 156 4632 KODAK PROFESSIONAL First
    Developer, Process E-6, to make
    1 gallon

Replaces 156 6850 KODAK PROFESSIONAL Reversal
    Bath, Process E-6, to make 1 gallon

Replaces 116 2510 KODAK PROFESSIONAL Color
    Developer, Process E-6, to make
    1 gallon

Replaces 164 6058 KODAK PROFESSIONAL
    Pre-Bleach, Process E-6, to make
    1 gallon

Replaces 156 2461 KODAK PROFESSIONAL Bleach,
    Process E-6, to make 1 gallon

Replaces 156 6082 KODAK PROFESSIONAL Fixer,
    Process E-6, to make 1 gallon

Replaces 195 1128 KODAK PROFESSIONAL Final
    Rinse, Process E-6, to make 1 gallon

Accessory

CAT No. Description

867 3220 KODAK Storage Bottles,
    5 litre (case of 8)

Duncan

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin