Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,827   Posts: 1,582,072   Online: 871

Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Rob,
    What are you using for Bleach?

Shooter
    Medium Format

what bleach?

At first I tried using a ferricyanide bleach,but it really messed up the films, then I received a persulfate/hydroquinone bleach formula from a fellow APUG member.
    It works fine, but it's not as pleasant to me as the Kodak stuff
    Rob

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Rob,
    Thanks for that reply.
    Considering the current situation with scoring bleach I'm always interested in what people are doing to solve the issue.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by R Paul View Post
    At first I tried using a ferricyanide bleach,but it really messed up the films, then I received a persulfate/hydroquinone bleach formula from a fellow APUG member.
    It works fine, but it's not as pleasant to me as the Kodak stuff
    Rob
    Hi Rob,

Great to hear there is some alternative bleach that works. Can you post the formula?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Unique photo out in new jersey has quite a bit of E6 chemistry (I ended up buying one bottle from Adorama because they were out). The 10L components aren't cheap, but they have them and they are very helpful indeed. I think they spent twenty minutes hunting down the various bottles on my list , and they were actually happy to do it. I do believe they ship as well
    They are also open on Saturday
    http://store.uniquephoto.com/e/index.php/

I ended up collecting everything but the bleach, as it cost as much as the rest of the kit, and ended up using an alternative one instead . Mixing is a pain because you have to make stock solutions from the bottles and then use those to make the actual working solutions. Thing is you end up with 1,140 ml of a couple of stock solutions, and it's like gee,couldn't you guys figure out how to make it come out to an even liter.
    I actually worked out a chart that did just that
    rob
    Is you're list the one posted on APUG recently? Anyone remember where that was? In this thread?

I just email them to get verification that they'll ship the stuff. I'll let everyone know hat I hear.

Michael
    Michael Batchelor
    Industrial Informatics, Inc.
    www.industrialinformatics.com

The camera catches light. The photographer catches life.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    no I never published a list of what chemicals I picked up, but it's not a bad idaea so here goes;
    Kodak dev starter ll cat no. 185 8158

Kodak e-6 color dev part B cat no.837 2542

Kodak e-6 color dev part A cat no.837 2542

these are 10 liter size

Kodak e-6 first dev replenisher cat no.100 7608
    makes 19 liters

Kodak first dev starter cat no. 167 1577

2x Kodak reversal bath & replenisher
    ten liter size cat no 112 3611

2x Kodak pre bleach & replenisher
    ten liter size cat no 128 6228

Kodak e-6 fixer & replenisher
    19 liter size cat no 127 8019

That's the stuff I got
    hope it helps
    rob

Shooter
    Medium Format
    At one point I hear that The Photographers Formulary was repacking Kodak C-41 chemistry into smaller sizes. Perhaps they will do the same for E-6 if there are enough requests to do so. I am not in the market to buy such kits now as I send my E-6 to the lab. But if any of you are contact PF and see what they say.

Shooter
    Med. Format RF

Preparing small batches of E-6 chemistry

So count another frustrated home E6 developer. I just will never get over the thrill of looking at medium and large format transparency film on a lightbox--files on a computer screen just aren't the same.

Here's some helpful information from Kodak's publications, you really have to look, though.

from Kodak pub J-83, page 8:
    If you use the one-gallon-size chemicals, mix the solutions for rotary-tube processors according to the instructions packaged with the chemicals. No starter is required for the first developer, color developer, or bleach. Use the reversal bath at 60 percent of the normal concentration (i.e., dilute the concentrate to make 1.6 gallons).
    So 1 gal kits don't need any starter. Does this mean that larger bottles mixed as batches smaller than 1 gal also don't need starters? Of course, you'd need a way to preserve and store the extra chemicals, particularly the first and color developers, which are very prone to oxidation.

Mixing quantities we can find here, in CIS-49, Preparing Smaller-Than-Package-Size Amounts of KODAK Processing Chemicals, page 3, which gives amounts for mixing 1L batches. The 5 liter kit recommended mixing a minimum of 250ml at a time.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    no I never published a list of what chemicals I picked up, but it's not a bad idaea so here goes;
    Kodak dev starter ll cat no. 185 8158

Kodak e-6 color dev part B cat no.837 2542

Kodak e-6 color dev part A cat no.837 2542

these are 10 liter size

Kodak e-6 first dev replenisher cat no.100 7608
    makes 19 liters

Kodak first dev starter cat no. 167 1577

2x Kodak reversal bath & replenisher
    ten liter size cat no 112 3611

2x Kodak pre bleach & replenisher
    ten liter size cat no 128 6228

Kodak e-6 fixer & replenisher
    19 liter size cat no 127 8019

That's the stuff I got
    hope it helps
    rob
    Thanks Rob. Where do you get these from?

Shooter
    Medium Format
    So... what are recommendations for E-6 chemistry for home-use? I'm in the United States. I can't find anyone selling Tetenal kits online. The only ones I've found are the Arista kits, but no one can confirm if it has a stabilizer.

Damn you, Kodak. I'm *just* starting E-6 and I will never know the joys of your 5L kit.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin