Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,960   Posts: 1,523,114   Online: 962

Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 711121314151617
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by frank green
    Matt, I have a Ciba lab in Los Angeles (The Lab-Ciba) and you are quite right. The Swiss do keep to themselves, it has been this way for the past twenty years. The paper and chemistry are excellant it is just that there is NO awareness of the process!
    Frank Green
    They do keep to themselves.

I wirked with some pretty expensive equipment years ago. We tried to fax a tech support question after hours one day (before email) we learned that the support group turned off the fax machine when they left at night.
    Michael Batchelor
    Industrial Informatics, Inc.
    www.industrialinformatics.com

The camera catches light. The photographer catches life.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by michaelbsc View Post
    They do keep to themselves.

I wirked with some pretty expensive equipment years ago. We tried to fax a tech support question after hours one day (before email) we learned that the support group turned off the fax machine when they left at night.
    Welcome to Switzerland

There is also another thing, Ciba come from a pharmaceutical company and they are tight. There has been improvement to the process, easier to print and also less toxic, but as with a drug they do not publish it widly or change the "name/number" of the material.

I just got some lambda prints back, and they are really nice. I scanned 4x5, digital edited them and send them of. If you havent tried it do, its pretty amazing process/material (still i love to print it analog in the darkroom

cheers

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Sandholm, is that the diversified chem outfit Ciba-Geigy that sold off Ciba to... whoever, and it was reincarnated as Ilfochrome??
    .::Gary Rowan Higgins

A comfort zone is a wonderful place. But nothing ever grows there.
    —Anon.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Poisson Du Jour View Post
    Sandholm, is that the diversified chem outfit Ciba-Geigy that sold off Ciba to... whoever, and it was reincarnated as Ilfochrome??
    That's the one. The money comes from pharmaceuticals.
    Michael Batchelor

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    !!
    Ah, so! And the profits? Who gets what, and who influences them?
    Knowing the power of pharma heavies, I am beginning to taste something that is unpalatable...

—Anon.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    !!
    Ah, so! And the profits? Who gets what, and who influences them?
    Knowing the power of pharma heavies, I am beginning to taste something that is unpalatable...
    Frankly I think since Ciba sold it there's no pharma interest at all these days. Ciba didn't see photography as a lucrative enough market to waste their time. The old Ilford bought it.

It is now owned by Ilford Imaging, which is *NOT* the same company as Harman which produces the Ilford line of B&W products. Ilford Imaging is a freestanding company that ended up with the color products.

http://www.ilford.com/en/products/ilfochrome/index.asp

Unlike the reorganized Agfa, Ilford Imaging is still hanging on, and for all I know they might be very profitable. I know that in the suppliers web sites we see the ink jet paper next to the photo paper as if it's all one Ilford, but it isn't true.

But it is confusing that IlfordPhoto.com is owned by Harman who has all the B&W products, but Ilford.com is owned by Ilford Imaging who has all the color products.
    Michael Batchelor

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by michaelbsc View Post
    ...It is now owned by Ilford Imaging, which is *NOT* the same company as Harman which produces the Ilford line of B&W products. Ilford Imaging is a freestanding company that ended up with the color products...
    Just FYI, Ilford Imaging Switzerland is not an independent company. It is a division of Oji Paper, one of the largest paper conglomerates in the world.

While browsing through their site, I also noticed this page that has a list of labs that use Ilford materials in their work, including Ilfochrome. From what I can see, all of the USA data is up to date, if not complete. I would encourage all of the existing Ilfochrome labs to contact Ilford and let them know you use their product. Maybe this way we can get a complete, official list straight from the company.
    "Panic not my child, the Great Yellow Father has your hand"--Larry Dressler

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by nickrapak View Post
    Just FYI, Ilford Imaging Switzerland is not an independent company. It is a division of Oji Paper, one of the largest paper conglomerates in the world.

While browsing through their site, I also noticed this page that has a list of labs that use Ilford materials in their work, including Ilfochrome. From what I can see, all of the USA data is up to date, if not complete. I would encourage all of the existing Ilfochrome labs to contact Ilford and let them know you use their product. Maybe this way we can get a complete, official list straight from the company.

Australia is not on the list.

—Anon.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Australia is not on the list.
    Like I said, it's incomplete. Labs in Australia (and other unlisted countries) can contact Ilford and let them know they print Ilfochrome.
    "Panic not my child, the Great Yellow Father has your hand"--Larry Dressler

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by nickrapak View Post
    ....While browsing through their site, I also noticed this page that has a list of labs that use Ilford materials in their work, including Ilfochrome.
    I don't know how I missed that before. Thanks to you pointing this out I think I found me a lab to go to in Burbank, California (closest to me). http://lab-ciba.com/index.html
    I love the wilderness and I love my trail cameras, all Fuji's! :) GA645, GW690 III, and the X100 which I think is the best trail camera ever invented (to date).

Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 711121314151617

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin