Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,927   Posts: 1,556,816   Online: 849

Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 12345678913 ... LastLast

Shooter
    35mm
    Thanks Sandholm,

This is likely to be a very occasional thing for me as I'd need to accumulate 15-20 'keeper' shots before printing them otherwise the chemistry will long expire before I've shot enough nice photos. I have in mind to dig through my old slides and select 15 or so nice ones and try to print them. If I fall in love with the process, it would quite easily take me 12 months to get another 15 shots that are good enough to justify spending £175 to get 15 prints. So, I'm keen to get as much 'bang for my buck' so to speak.
    Steve.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Thanks Sandholm.

Would try if I can sort out the shipping and get the filter set.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    There should be more promo of this material, absolutely. We refer a few very good labs in LA to print our chromes, Frank Green doing the best work, he is still very busy. Considering the quality of the print, it's not really all the expensive if you think about the alternatives...

For a soul CIBA printer in the entire country of Australia to not have enough work to stay in business is a shame...

dw

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I have everything ready to start with Ilfochrome: 50 sheets of 25,4x30,5 paper, a P30 kit and a CAP40 processor I have only tested (successfully) with water so far. Now I'm waiting for my last batch of Kodachromes to come back, then I should have enough good slides for a proper printing session within the lifetime of a chemistry kit.
    If I succeed (and why shouldn't I?), I'll definitely buy more materials although I'd prefer to get bleach separately and experiment with standard developer and fixer. It's not that much about cost as about flexibility. Does anybody know where can I buy only bleach in Europe?
    And finally, I can only agree with the OP about the difficulty of understanding the product range.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    You can buy bleach here:

http://www.fotomayr.de/webkat98/index_lab.htm

Click on 'Chemie' on top, then 'Color Papierentwicklung' on the left.
    Scroll to the bottom and there it is.
    If only they would ship outside EU...

d_rookie

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Thanks darkroomrookie,

This demonstrates how important web usability really is. I have been on this site before and didn't notice.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    ndrs,

You're welcome. I have been trying to find bleach myself too, but here in Croatia you just can't get it, and FotoMayr told me they aren't allowed to ship it outside EU. So right now I am trying to find someone in, say, Germany (ehm...) that might be of assistance with this matter. Any suggestions?

d_rookie

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    There are several bleach formulas here on APUG in another thread. You may want to mix your own.

PE

Shooter
    Medium Format
    PE,

As always, thanks. I just read some of that thread, but only potassium and sodium iodide, sodium bromide and sulphuric acid are available locally, and very pricey, as they seem to be lab chemicals of a high purity. How important are the other components (3 mercapto-1 propanesulfonic acid sodium salt, 2,3,6, trimethylquinoxaline, sulphonated trialkylphosphine, ethyldiglycol, sodium 3nitrobenzenesulfonate)?
    Sorry if I am asking a question which has already been answered elsewhere on the forum.

d_rookie

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    You can make a good bleach with Sulfuric Acid, KI or KBr, and Phenazine. I also added Thiourea to my bleach.

I was able to order Phenazine from the Formulary, and make up a good bleach. Do not try to use NaI. It is too unstable to work with and it decomposes.

The point is that there are dozens of dye bleach formulas out there that work. Find one that someone has working and use it, but not all of those extra ingredients are needed.

PE

Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 12345678913 ... LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin