Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,705   Posts: 1,482,801   Online: 1072

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    How much difference is there in the end result of slide vs. print film give todays available films?
    Assuming the negatives are to be scanned and printed digitally opposed to needing slides for a presentation.
    "Generalizations are made because they are generally true"
    Flicker http://www.flickr.com/photos/stradibarrius
    Barry
    Monroe, GA

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Strad,
    The Kodak Single Use 5l kit has been discontinued

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Slide film has narrower exposure latitude and underexposed slides tend to be very thin and difficult to scan in my opinion. One of my old Canon FD body's ight meter is out by a half to a full stop depending on the ISO rating (under) and that is enough to make for darker slides if I forget to adjust for it. Should really have sent it out for a CLA already...
    Harry Pulley - Visit the BLIND PRINT EXCHANGE FORUM

Happiness is...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

If you over expose slide film

Quote Originally Posted by stradibarrius View Post
    How much difference is there in the end result of slide vs. print film give todays available films?
    Assuming the negatives are to be scanned and printed digitally opposed to needing slides for a presentation.
    If you over expose slide film and blow out your highlights, you can't recover them. If you over expose color neg film, you might be able to recover highlight info.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I haven't processed E6 for about twenty years because for what it costs to have E6 processed in two hours at a local pro lab while I do my shopping it's not worth the hassle, and their machines do it better.
    Ben

North America just north of that sharp right turn North America makes on the Atlantic coast.
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    I use the freestyle kit to process E-6 for Stereo slides and about the hardest part is warming up the chemicals. I have never done C-41 so I don't know what it looks like wet, but when you pull your E-6 out of the tank you have to believe that you didn't do anything wrong and just hang it up to dry and just believe it will not look like that when it dries. It is amazing but your film will look like the emulation was unaffected by processing and then slowly it will start to look like slide film with photos on it. Watching the drying process the first time is like watching magic.
    "Would you like it if someone that painted in oils told you that you were not making portraits because you were using a camera?"
    "Shouldn't it be more about the joy of producing and viewing the photo than what you paid for the camera?"

Me

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin