Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,553   Posts: 1,544,962   Online: 771

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images

Am I replenishing my Flexicolor correctly?

Normally I just mix up fresh stuff as I've got so damn much of it.

Anyway.

To replenish you add x mL of replenisher counted up from whatever you've processed, I've got that part fine.

So when I mix up 1 litre of fresh dev, dividing down the amounts I had noted after measuring the bottles, it goes something like this.

Start with ~700 mL, add some part A, mix, add some part B, mix, add some part C, mix.

Now that comes out to be about ~768 mL iirc or so.

Then it's watered up to 1 litre, and then you add the starter.

Now is my replenisher the 1 litre amount sans starter, or the ~768 mL amount.

I've been using the 1 litre amount sans starter as replenisher over the last few rolls, following the Kodak instructions on how much mL per type of film, size, and length etc.

Should I be using the ~768 mL amount as replenisher? I don't think it is, seems illogical, but I wanted to make sure.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I use Trebla chems and the replenisher is "thicker" than the freshly made working developer (with starter topped up to 1 liter).

What I'm saying is that it sounds right to me.
    Mark Barendt, Ignacio, CO

"We do not see things the way they are. We see things the way we are." Anaïs Nin

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin