Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,697   Posts: 1,549,077   Online: 1082

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Can someone take a picture of what's actually inside the Flexicolour repackaged kit from the Forumarly? (IE like actual contents, manuals, bottles, etc.), because their website is incredbly vague. I was initially led to believe they were only selling the developer itself.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    It has a 3 part developer, 2 part bleach, fixer concentrate and final rinse concentrate. It comes packed to make 1 L in a set of 7 bottles just like the Kodak kit.

PE

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Ahh thank you!
    According to all the Kodak manuals I've read, they seem to emphasise the use of replenishers and starters for some of the chemicals. I assume this is not the case for the kit based on your description?

Shooter
    Multi Format

Color Chemistry?

Thank you, to all who replied to my initial question about color chemistry availability and where to purchase...

I've still not set-up my jobo processor, need a tempering valve, some jobo 4x5, 8x10 tanks, and with the auction-site pricing for those jobo thingies, I'll need a fatter wallet.

Jon

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by little-infinity View Post
    Ahh thank you!
    According to all the Kodak manuals I've read, they seem to emphasise the use of replenishers and starters for some of the chemicals. I assume this is not the case for the kit based on your description?
    The kit contains enough developer starter for a 1 L kit.

PE

Shooter
    35mm

So much angst for such a simple decision.

Buy a Tetenal or Unicolor kit from Freestyle or B&H, about $20 for a one liter plus shipping. Or get the 2L kit with shipping for under $40.

Or, the Formulary kit if you really think powder is inferior. Which it's not, IMNSHO.

The Digibase kits (Fuji-Hunter) are out of stock until March. I could not find another retailer besides Freestyle.

Now, wasn't that easy?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    See my post in the other C41 thread for more information on Sodium Ferric EDTA Blixes. It gives a patent reference with data and relates directly to powder kits and film blixes in particular.

PE

Shooter
    35mm
    I wonder though, since Kodak seems to be getting out of the photography business.... How long they will continue making C41 chemicals, and does anyone else produce chemicals that could be put into smaller kits.
    Paul Schmidt
    See my Blog at http://clickandspin.blogspot.com

The greatest advance in photography in the last 100 years is not digital, it's odourless stop bath....

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Fuji-Hunt.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Photo Engineer View Post
    Fuji-Hunt.
    What about in Canada?
    It's easy to order stuff from the US, but by the time you add on shipping, customs brokerage, hazmat fees, a 1L jug of chemicals can easily end up costing over $100, providing you can find someone that will go through the paperwork. I really think going forward the idea for chemical suppliers is to package stuff smaller for the home darkroom worker, similar to the way Ilford does for B&W. No reason why they can't make a 1L or even ½L kits. There is only 1 lab left that does film developing within about 100km of where I live.
    Paul Schmidt
    See my Blog at http://clickandspin.blogspot.com

The greatest advance in photography in the last 100 years is not digital, it's odourless stop bath....

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin