I am after quality colors and searching the different art forms to study their colors and thinking to get the same. At current mosaic industry , there are thousands of colors and combining them without reference is an geniuses job .
There is a large trend for Byzantine Mosaics and manufacturing the same old tiles and using them at restorations , church , state buildings.

And I am an Leica addict and look of the 50s photography.

If you look to my images , you will find some small details not possible to get without Leica at rangefinder class.

I am talking about anatomical detail , vains , muscles , bones , skin and their all summed complications at a picture. This is why Leitz is famous for least 30 years ago or older times.

I love the grain and 3D anatomy of the girls hand which smoking a cigar. There are 7images at my gallery and you can easily find it.

And I think I found the same grain and look at Byzantine City Ravennas Gold Foil , Glass laminated mosaic tile compositions.

I learned , after centuries , gold foil started to detach from the glass top and there appeared small dots covering the compositions.

This is like grain in the picture but more descriptive , Leica grain.

I strongly believe these glass houses , film houses studied their homework very much. If you buy Leicas old magazines , you understand what I am talking about.
I dont know how Kodak decided the finish of Ektachrome , who were the decision makers , What did they want from chemists , Who decided the quality of final product , What was their inspiration ?

This is what I want to learn for a long time ! Same for Leica !

PE , any name , book , article , archive document you know ?

Best ,

Mustafa Umut Sarac

Istanbul