Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,699   Posts: 1,482,586   Online: 844

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Tubes can be made from 4" ABS plumbing drain pipe, with glued on plumbing end caps. Some use this material for tanks for reels, or to develop sheet film.

I would scour an established photo store that sells used darkroom gear. They likely have more daylight tubes used than they know what to do with.

Processing RA-4 at room temerature, in trays (with tongs or gloves) is quite viable for most, but could be a challenge in a shared darkroom. It needs total of very dim near total darkness.

For RA-4 I find the safelight is only useful for orienting me in the room. It is almost 20 minutes before I can 'see' anything of use with it, and then only just barely. I find luminescent glow tape placed on the corners of cabinets, work benches, etc and total darkness otherwise is more useful. That, and a very tidy darkroom as well.
    my real name, imagine that.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I personally use Jobo Maxilux led safelight. The damn thing is very bright once your eyes get adjusted. I see no fogging with it even after 4 minutes. Highly recommend it.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    When were P30P Ilfochrome kits with powder discontinued? Is there a way to find out the manufacture date of such a kit?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin