Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,277   Posts: 1,534,816   Online: 858

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    How low is "low"? Film does not like heat. If you want to use it be prepared to have poor results, though it might come through OK. If it's B+W, I would expect it has a better chance of being OK than color film. If it's color you might get some freaky colors, which could be fun.
    I do use a digital device in my photographic pursuits when necessary.
    When someone rags on me for using film, I use a middle digit, upraised.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    If you're developing it yourself then it will cost, what, $1-2 in chems to develop and fix it right? Why not? Heck, even a dev only lab should be $5-9 or so. Geez, people are considering throwing away a can of film for under $10 of cost, sheesh!
    Harry Pulley - Visit the BLIND PRINT EXCHANGE FORUM

Happiness is...

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Hi,
    If you can still tear the film out to put it in the camera, then the emulsion did not melt and you could probably still expose it. There might be some fogging because of the temperature, but I would definitively try it to see the result!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    If there was no water in the film can, it's likely ok in that regard. However the bigger problem is the heat, as suggested by others. I would go ahead and shoot it, but with the awareness that it may not come out how you'd like.
    If the dryer didn't run for very long, like maybe less than an hour, it's probably not much worse than what it would get sitting in a car in the summer (which is certainly bad enough).

I'd much rather find a roll of film in the dryer than my cell phone

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by bdial View Post

I'd much rather find a roll of film in the dryer than my cell phone
    How do you get a roll of film into your cell phone?

I did have a cheapie $20 Go-Phone go through the wash once, hot cycle. It was half full of suds in the LCD window, which made it look sort of like a miniature front-loading washer itself. I removed the battery, ran water into it everywhere I could find a spot to, then poured distilled water in to flush out the tap water. I shook out the water and set it in the sun for a day. I put the battery in, charged it, and it worked just fine.
    I have to wonder if one of those fancy phones would have fared as well.
    I do use a digital device in my photographic pursuits when necessary.
    When someone rags on me for using film, I use a middle digit, upraised.

Shooter
    35mm
    Thanks, I initially tossed it right into the trash, but then dug it back out. When I opened it and saw it was dry, I reconsidered just tossing it. Seems folks buy outdated film all the time to try out, so maybe this would be ok too. It's just cheap Fuji color film. I'll go ahead and shoot it if it's not glued together. Nothing important, just playing. I'll just view it as an experiment. I'll let you all know what happens. It may be a few days before I get a chance. Middle of the week anyway.

Thanks for your input.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    How do you get a roll of film into your cell phone?
    Use an analog phone, of course...

It wasn't one of the really fancy ones, but it didn't survive the experience.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Maybe you can sell it on Ebay saying it's a "specially made heat treated film"
    Develop, stop, fix.... wait.... where's my film?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin