Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,681   Posts: 1,548,512   Online: 834

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Shooter
    35mm
    Well based on other posts reporting no "shovelling" problems I visited the site and listened and have to say that what I heard seemed to be honest and more importantly "qualified" He isn't promoting Fuji film in its entirety but giving qualified reasons why Superia Extra 400, i.e one specific Fuji film only, not the full range, delivers value for money.

I wonder if Mr Lindan was aware, as has become apparent from others that this Figital revolution site has featured on APUG in the past so has reasonable credentials.

Nothing I saw or heard from that visit to Figital has caused me to question the site's credentials. I am a strictly disinterested party from thousands of miles away in the U.K.

pentaxuser

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by CGW View Post
    No security issues for me and no problems with your solid presentation. Sadly, the whole "ecology" of film shooting is gone or in late stage collapse in many areas. I always thought Fuji consumer films punched way above their weight. I frankly miss the ability to binge shoot Superia films, especially around the holidays.
    ahahaa "punched way above their weight"
    that is a great description in my book and I hope you don't mind if I appropriate that quip.

Fuji consumer products are a bit much for me in the saturation/contrast dept but I'm sure they're appropriate for some subjects.

I love their pro films like 400H and 160S.

CGW

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by brucemuir View Post
    ahahaa "punched way above their weight"
    that is a great description in my book and I hope you don't mind if I appropriate that quip.

Fuji consumer products are a bit much for me in the saturation/contrast dept but I'm sure they're appropriate for some subjects.

I love their pro films like 400H and 160S.
    Superia 200--still my fave lo-buck film--was actually closer to Fuji's pro films in saturation/contrast--quite unlike 400 that could get over the top quick. Superia 800 also looks remarkably nice for a fast film. All of these gave their best printed on Fuji Crystal Archive papers. Kodak abandoned consumer C-41 films early; Fuji hung on and actually sunk $ into r&d that improved them.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Sorry that I gave the wrong impression - it wasn't opinions or Fuji that I complained of as being "shoveled" but various bits of ad/mal-ware. That the reviewer found Fuji, personally, to be a good film - well, what's the news there?

And I do confess that I have the security settings screwed down as tight as possible... I had them loosened last week and spent a lovely few days getting vermin out of the computer that had been inserted by the local news channel's weather web page.

It isn't the poster to the web page, the page builder, the domain owner or the owner of the server that inserts viri and malware - infections are inserted somewhere in the line and the web page simply becomes the current infection vector.
    Last edited by Nicholas Lindan; 12-18-2010 at 11:18 AM. Click to view previous post history.
    DARKROOM AUTOMATION
    f-Stop Timers - Enlarging Meters
    http://www.darkroomautomation.com/da-main.htm

Shooter
    Sub 35mm
    Blog Entries
    thanks for the link !
    i enjoy his site and agree
    fuji consumer film is good ..
    and it processes great in caffenol

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Superia 200--still my fave lo-buck film--was actually closer to Fuji's pro films in saturation/contrast--quite unlike 400 that could get over the top quick. Superia 800 also looks remarkably nice for a fast film. All of these gave their best printed on Fuji Crystal Archive papers. Kodak abandoned consumer C-41 films early; Fuji hung on and actually sunk $ into r&d that improved them.
    ahh interesting,
    lately the only consumer Fuji I messed with was the Superia 400 and it's labeled in Spanish and I think came from S. America. or maybe just packaged there.

I still have a bunch, I got it to try some bleach bypass so I figure if that doesn't tame the sat. nothing will

I must admit I haven't optically printed any of the standard processed stuff, I had only proofed it on a scanner but it seemed punch drunk a bit.

I do love the Reala 100 in 120 and glad to see that is rearing it's head again after being scarce for awhile

Shooter
    Multi Format
    This is really old and, for some areas, somewhat misleading news. Around the Toronto GTA area, consumer film is almost invisible at retailers where it was once common--and cheap.
    Really? I saw TONS of film at the Shopper's Drug Mart in Clarkson. 200 and 400 speed varieties, as well as 800 pre-loaded in disposables.

They were (and still might be!) on sale too, 3 roll packs for $6. It's branded as "Easypix" (their inhouse brand) but from some light digging on the web, and by looking at the mask colour of the processed negatives, I'm lead to believe that it's rebranded Fuji. Not sure if it's Superia though. I think I saw some actual Superia too at a little higher cost (around $3 a roll).

CGW

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by little-infinity View Post
    Really? I saw TONS of film at the Shopper's Drug Mart in Clarkson. 200 and 400 speed varieties, as well as 800 pre-loaded in disposables.

They were (and still might be!) on sale too, 3 roll packs for $6. It's branded as "Easypix" (their inhouse brand) but from some light digging on the web, and by looking at the mask colour of the processed negatives, I'm lead to believe that it's rebranded Fuji. Not sure if it's Superia though. I think I saw some actual Superia too at a little higher cost (around $3 a roll).

Thanks. Sounds like 2009! Fuji did extensive store brand work(Loblaws, Shopper's, Black's), so that's probably it. Edge codes on the negs tell all: Superia will be S-200. Here's a link for Fuji edge codes that might help:

http://gastonline.free.fr/Files/Film...NotchCodes.pdf

Shopper's must be among the few still carrying Superia films--whether Fuji or store brand. Fujifilm.ca is pretty much useless if asked where their consumer film is sold--amazing.
    Last edited by CGW; 12-18-2010 at 07:12 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thanks. Sounds like 2009! Fuji did extensive store brand work(Loblaws, Shopper's, Black's), so that's probably it. Edge codes on the negs tell all: Superia will be S-200. Here's a link for Fuji edge codes that might help:

http://gastonline.free.fr/Files/Film...NotchCodes.pdf

Shopper's must be among the few still carrying Superia films--whether Fuji or store brand. Fujifilm.ca is pretty much useless if asked where their consumer film is sold--amazing.
    Down here in the DC area Wahlgreens (a chain drugstore) is selling it as their own house brand. It's not really that cheap so I always passed.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    I will check on this next week but this link has the film at $1 per roll in 50 roll pack... as long as it is in date at that price WOW!
    http://www.ecamerafilms.com/product_p/fjc24p400.htm
    Cheers- Stephen

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin