Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,483   Posts: 1,571,214   Online: 1106

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format

Two Buck Chuck… Good Cheap Color Film Does Exist!

Hello Everybody...

Give this a look and listen !!

http://figitalrevolution.com/2010/12...lm-does-exist/

Enjoy !!
    Scott Sheppard
    Inside Analog Photo
    http://www.insideanalogphoto.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    You may want to take care with the above link ... my internet security software goes nuts blocking whatever the site is trying to shovel on to my computer.

In any case, the site is simply promoting Fujicolor film. No big secret, eh?
    DARKROOM AUTOMATION
    f-Stop Timers - Enlarging Meters
    http://www.darkroomautomation.com/da-main.htm

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Stephen is NOT just promoting Fuji products. It was a open test and an opinion.
    Scott Sheppard
    Inside Analog Photo
    http://www.insideanalogphoto.com

Shooter
    35mm
    I have no problem with looking at a site in which there is an open and honest test of a film but it is worrying if it is being used as a means to "shovel" stuff onto my computer.

Can either previous participants explain in more detail what may happen if I were to open this site. Based on what Mr Lindan has said, I will refrain from any further exploration until I am sure what I am opening.

If there is a "hidden agenda" here then that is a pity for APUG

pentaxuser

pentaxuser

Shooter
    Multi Format
    It's about Fuji Superia XTRA 400 being cheap and good, with some example images given. I'm getting no alarms and nothing out of the ordinary, and the Avira anti malware I use is quite effective. I think it's probably just a false positive.
    I do use a digital device in my photographic pursuits when necessary.
    When someone rags on me for using film, I use a middle digit, upraised.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Nicholas Lindan View Post
    You may want to take care with the above link ... my internet security software goes nuts blocking whatever the site is trying to shovel on to my computer.

In any case, the site is simply promoting Fujicolor film. No big secret, eh?
    I don't know. I get no warnings on my machine from this site. Perhaps you have your security settings screwed down a little too tightly on your browser. It is possible to overdo it there you know.

Personally, I like Steve Schaub's posts. He's not a snob, and he gives you his honest opinion.
    Frank Schifano

CGW

Shooter
    Medium Format
    This is really old and, for some areas, somewhat misleading news. Around the Toronto GTA area, consumer film is almost invisible at retailers where it was once common--and cheap. No longer on hooks next to the Doritos at the check-out or stacked deep on special in multi-pacs at the holidays, Fuji's Superia films are gone except for chain camera stores where it's hardly bargain-priced. Same story for cheap C-41 processing after Costco bailed on processing 6 months ago. Most of the points are valid but somewhat irrelevant in 2010 in my 'hood. Glad I have a stash of Superia 200/400/800 left over from when I shot miles of it. Have never seen 2 buck Fuji except for short-dated Superia 200 being cleared last fall.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    I'm not sure what issues is raised when visiting my site... it is a wordpress.com blog which is hosted by wordpress... I have no access to anything other than the layout and content so I expect that you have your security on your browser set to high with will cause warnings on a lot of sites. I also have no $$$ relationship with any company or product I review and all thoughts are my own and I am not trying to "shovel" anything except the hope that with honest conversation film based capture can have a strong long life... period!

Cheers-
    Stephen - Owner Figital Revolution

CGW

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Figital Revolution View Post
    I'm not sure what issues is raised when visiting my site... it is a wordpress.com blog which is hosted by wordpress... I have no access to anything other than the layout and content so I expect that you have your security on your browser set to high with will cause warnings on a lot of sites. I also have no $$$ relationship with any company or product I review and all thoughts are my own and I am not trying to "shovel" anything except the hope that with honest conversation film based capture can have a strong long life... period!

Cheers-
    Stephen - Owner Figital Revolution
    No security issues for me and no problems with your solid presentation. Sadly, the whole "ecology" of film shooting is gone or in late stage collapse in many areas. I always thought Fuji consumer films punched way above their weight. I frankly miss the ability to binge shoot Superia films, especially around the holidays.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I had not issues or warnings in visiting the site. Stephen has, over the years, posted a lot of good info on that site, and never have I had any problem. I don't see how it can be construed as "shoveling" - it's a story about how an inexpensive film, probably one we've not thought of buying, can produce good results. He has previously posted positive reports on other films by Kodak, etc.

Kudos to Stephen for taking the time to test and post!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin