Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,932   Posts: 1,556,986   Online: 1073

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images

Superia 1600 question?

If I shoot a roll of Fuji Superia 1600 does the drug store need to know anything special to process the film? Just plain old C-41?
    "Generalizations are made because they are generally true"
    Flicker http://www.flickr.com/photos/stradibarrius
    Barry
    Monroe, GA

Shooter
    35mm
    Yes just plain old C-41
    f/22 and be there.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Just plain old C-41.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by stradibarrius View Post
    If I shoot a roll of Fuji Superia 1600 does the drug store need to know anything special to process the film? Just plain old C-41?

it's regular c-41, so you're all good, assuming the people at the photo lab know what they're doing

BTW, did you find your superia 1600 in a drug store or chain store? I've never found anything faster than 800 anywhere around here. I've been wanting to grab a few rolls so I wouldnt have to push my 800 speed rolls to 1600 or 3200 in low-light situations.
    "I have captured the light and arrested its flight! The sun itself shall draw my pictures!"

-Louis Daguerre, 1839-

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    No, I bought this last year from Photo Barn in Lilburn, GA. They were clearing out some Fuji film because they are no longer going to carry Fuji. I got it for $1 a roll.
    "Generalizations are made because they are generally true"
    Flicker http://www.flickr.com/photos/stradibarrius
    Barry
    Monroe, GA

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    $1/roll, nice!
    Harry Pulley - Visit the BLIND PRINT EXCHANGE FORUM

Happiness is...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    it's becoming expensive in Belgium, some 6 to 7€, but I love it and I want to keep demand on Fuji because they killed Neopan 1600 because of lack of demand, d.mn.d; they say...

I overexpose 1/2 to 1 stop, it's already flat enough

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    But if you overexpose it 1 stop then you could just shoot Superia 800 couldn't you? Though some say to shoot Superia 800 at 560 or 400, the same 1/2 to 1 over, but then you could just shoot Superia 400 at box speed... Is any of this stuff really good enough to shoot at box speed without getting flat yucky color and bad grain???

Happiness is...

CGW

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by hpulley View Post
    But if you overexpose it 1 stop then you could just shoot Superia 800 couldn't you? Though some say to shoot Superia 800 at 560 or 400, the same 1/2 to 1 over, but then you could just shoot Superia 400 at box speed... Is any of this stuff really good enough to shoot at box speed without getting flat yucky color and bad grain???
    There are just too many variables in C-41 processing now to take full advantage of print films' versatility. I shot lots of Fuji NPZ at kendo meets under crappy gym lights and rated it at 1600 knowing I could get a consistent 1-stop push with dependable results from my lab--when they ran a rock-solid C-41 line. Superia 1600 really does benefit from at least 1/3 stop over-exposure, if anything to buy a little cushion from so-so processing. I found 1600 to be a bit lifeless and grainy at box speed.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Yes sadly my local labs now just run C41 through a few times a week and it is difficult to get good results. Digital scan and print of course... Should really do it myself like the B&W I do but I don't generally shoot enough color to make it worthwhile. I do have a few pro packs of Fujicolor, Portra and Solaris so I probably could use up a small kit right now.

Happiness is...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin