Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,946   Posts: 1,585,845   Online: 1068

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Here's one result.

Unfortunately I don't know the aperture on this one. I must have bumped it because all the other tests at the same time as this one were way underexposed and the exposure was identical to another camera. This was 3.5 hours with an Olympus 35mm camera and Provia 100F.

-K

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by kurt765 View Post
    Here's one result.
    Great result Kurt! If you do figure out what the aperture was, post it here. May be a nice guide for others wanting to try it out with Provia 100F or a similar film.
    My website

"The nineteenth century began by believing that what was reasonable was true, and it wound up by believing that what it saw a photograph of, was true." - William M. Ivins Jr.

"I don't know, maybe we should disinvent color, and we could just shoot Black & White." - David Burnett in 1978

"Analog is chemistry + physics, digital is physics + math, which ones did you like most?"

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Congratulations on bumping your aperture and ending up with a very nice pic!
    2F/2F

"Truth and love are my law and worship. Form and conscience are my manifestation and guide. Nature and peace are my shelter and companions. Order is my attitude. Beauty and perfection are my attack."

- Rob Tyner (1944 - 1991)

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Thanks. The pic is unfortunately not very sharp. It's kinda in focus on the left side, but drifts out of focus to the right. This was with the 50mm 1.8 lens, and I'm guessing it must have been at 1.8 but I'm confused how I could have out of focus mountains across a range when they are all over a mile away focused at infinity.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The camera must have moved during the exposure, or I guess it is possible that your lens mount is tweaked.
    2F/2F

"Truth and love are my law and worship. Form and conscience are my manifestation and guide. Nature and peace are my shelter and companions. Order is my attitude. Beauty and perfection are my attack."

- Rob Tyner (1944 - 1991)

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Here's what was supposed to be an identical exposure (and identical film). This is wrestled from the very edge of what my Nikon 9000 scanner could pull out of this piece of film.

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    you guys are right, I can't see any of the people holding those lanterns…just kidding. shots look great!

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Haha, that part of my planned shot is not yet ready to begin testing. Once I get the kind of exposure I want right, then I'll start running around in the dark with lanterns, hehe.

Shooter
    Medium Format

Behind the scenes pic from last weekend's testing. Mamiya 645, 5DII, Canon Canonet QL17 GIII, Olympus OM-1N, Olympus OM10
    I just acquired another Mamiya 645. The one I have has some issues with the cable release adapter. While I was sitting there waiting for the exposures, it spontaneously started over, so I have no idea how long its exposure was.

Added Ektachrome 100G and 100VS to the testing pool.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by kurt765 View Post

Behind the scenes pic from last weekend's testing. Mamiya 645, 5DII, Canon Canonet QL17 GIII, Olympus OM-1N, Olympus OM10
    I just acquired another Mamiya 645. The one I have has some issues with the cable release adapter. While I was sitting there waiting for the exposures, it spontaneously started over, so I have no idea how long its exposure was.

Added Ektachrome 100G and 100VS to the testing pool.
    Looks like some off-limits top secret military antenna facility for detecting spy planes or intergalactic radiation or so...

LOFAR (LOw Frequency ARray):

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	LOFAR%2C_ITS_Test_Station.png 
Views:	21 
Size:	642.9 KB 
ID:	30920
    My website

"The nineteenth century began by believing that what was reasonable was true, and it wound up by believing that what it saw a photograph of, was true." - William M. Ivins Jr.

"I don't know, maybe we should disinvent color, and we could just shoot Black & White." - David Burnett in 1978

"Analog is chemistry + physics, digital is physics + math, which ones did you like most?"

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin