Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,860   Posts: 1,583,130   Online: 830

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Shooter
    35mm RF
    So will Kodak C-41 Fleixcolor Stabilizer III (with Formaldehyde) work as a substitute for the dead "hardener" in the C-22 kit?

Where can I get CD3 if the packets in my C-22 kit are shot? Not listed in Photographer's Formulary online catalog. None at Bostick and Sullivan. Listed at Silverprint in the UK, but it's impossible to ship to the US. It would be frustrating to be stymied for lack of one gram of CD3.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The C-22 hardener was more like this:

Formalin 37%, 10 ml/L
    Sodium Carbonate, 25 - 50 g/L
    Sodium Sulfate 25 - 50 g/L
    pH to 10.0 with Sodium Hydroxide or Sulfuric Acid solution (IDK the conc used but probably 10%) as needed.

At one time, they used a chrome alum hardener as well. I do not have that formula.

PE

Shooter
    35mm RF
    www.artcraftchemicals.com has CD-3 currently listed.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    That looks great. Looks like they're also willing to sell smaller quantities than listed, since I won't need 100g. I've got a box of 250ml glass bottles on the way, then I'll see if the developer is OK.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    PM me if you need CD-3 - I have CD-3 (a pound or so from Artcraft) name your gram needs, and I will post it to you in a tiny baggy. I bought it when DIY mixing my RA-4. Then I found a roller processor for a song, and the DIY aerially oxidized too quickly.
    my real name, imagine that.

Shooter
    4x5 Format

develop c22 film. kodak ektacolor type-s 4x5 film

Hi, i´m very happy found this thread.

i´m starting an project with this film. I bought some boxes of ektacolor type-s 4x5 and "ektacolor print film type s" ( i supose it´s the same or very similar) and a lot of 120 rolls (some c-22 and others in c-41process, this expired in 70`s.
    i don´t know much about raw chemicals, but i have a friend of mine help me with this. In Spain is very difficult to found CD3.
    If you can help me, please answer my questions. There is a commercial chemical and preparation which may reveal these films with a decent result, or I have to prepare the official formula of the product??

Some days ago I found this recipe.
    http://www.ehow.com/how_4673066_develop-film.html

In my previous research, I have also found what appears to be a Defense Department document of the United States in which reference is made to study alternative development process of these films. I have been in contact with them but I have high hopes of getting an answer. if any of you can help me with this issue (I'm not in the U.S.)
    http://www.dtic.mil/srch/doc?collection=t3&id=AD0757146

I hope my work will also help you, sorry for my english is very bad, how the translator of google .....

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The C-22 family of films required a Formalin Stabilzer as I have described before.

PE

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Mix the hardening solution (pH 10-4 to 10-8) as follows: Mix 20 ml formaldehyde (35 to 45 percent solution) and 10 g sodium carbonate; add water to 1000ml. The hardener temperature should be between 68 and 75 degrees Fahrenheit. Place the film in the hardener for four minutes.

Photo E. you recomendation is formalin not formaldehyide?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    IFAIK formalin is a saturated 37% solution of formaldehyde in water. There is also paraformaldehyde, which I have as dry flakes. The papra is used in some lithographic developer formulae.
    my real name, imagine that.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Formalin is indeed a 37% solution of Formaldehyde (which is a gas) in water.

PE

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin