Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,291   Posts: 1,535,454   Online: 984

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    a member of flickr posts c22 process with c41 chemicals cold.
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/yarnzom...ie/4747931268/

this results are good? or with my own made c22 chemicals can expected best results from my 120 and 4x5 ektacolor film. the film was used by this person is kodacolor x in 127 format...

Shooter
    127 Format
    Quote Originally Posted by pacorocha View Post
    a member of flickr posts c22 process with c41 chemicals cold.
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/yarnzom...ie/4747931268/

this results are good? or with my own made c22 chemicals can expected best results from my 120 and 4x5 ektacolor film. the film was used by this person is kodacolor x in 127 format...
    I have some C-22 Kodacolor X hanging around in 127 and 126. I'm going to try out the cold C-41 and see what happens. When I tired with warm C-41 (100*f) I got nothing but a magenta mess.
    - Bill Lynch

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    C-22 films are not hard enough to withstand 100F.

PE

Shooter
    127 Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Photo Engineer View Post
    C-22 films are not hard enough to withstand 100F.

PE
    That's probably what killed my c-41 chems !
    - Bill Lynch

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Well, why do you think that C-22 ran at 75F and had at least one hardener step?

PE

Shooter
    127 Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Photo Engineer View Post
    Well, why do you think that C-22 ran at 75F and had at least one hardener step?

PE
    See, there you go, presuming I think !!

Honestly though, I couldn't find anything on the WWW about C-22 and had no idea about the 75F till just now. It was a throwaway roll and I just wanted to see what would happen. (obvously nothing happened)
    - Bill Lynch

Shooter
    35mm RF
    So I mixed my vintage C-22 kit today. I have serious concerns about the bleach, which is central to the rehalogenation process I'm going to do.

Part B of the bleach, which is the large pouch containing (at least) potassium ferricyanide and potassium bromide. It had a hole in it's foil pouch. Only about half of the very caked powder was the proper bright red-orange, the rest was dark blue-green. The mixed C-22 bleach solution is a deep lime green. Does it sound like this bleach is dead or alive?

I suppose I could just throw a scrap of processed B&W film in it, and see that it bleaches it. If it's only half-strength, I can bleach twice as long, just to get the job done.

The CD3 (developer part A) was just fine, a light tan powder, not clumped at all. So I won't need to take Wilde Hyde up on his generous offer of CD3.

Part B of the hardener was only about half liquid, the rest was white crystals. But it certainly smelled of Formaldehyde, so I think it is somewhat alive. Also, I just fixed the film I'm going to reprocess in Kodafix to harden it, since it was originally fixed with non-hardening Ilford fix. So I think the emulsion is plenty hard. (I also washed the film very vigorously for 30 minutes.)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The bleach is dead! It should be approximately the color of orange juice, not green.

Any rehal ferri bleach should work just fine though.

Formalin polymerizes with time and forms a solid. It may be ok but may have lost a lot of its strength. If it dissolves properly in the full amount of water, things should go well.

Do not try to use any C-41 chemistry except perhaps the fix and the old style stabilizer. Those should work with C22 films and processes.

PE

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Wow, that was a quick response. Thanks!

Quite sad to see it's dead. Now I need to get some ferricyanide bleach before the developer dies in two weeks. Looks like one easy way is to buy Photographer's Formulary Reducer IV, which is just Potassium ferricyanide and Potassium bromide. Just ordered that, along with your DVD set.

I'll set the little formalin bottle inside a tank of hardener, and see if the solids dissolve.

What's proper disposal technique for the dead bleach? I know it's noxious stuff. Something I should buffer it with? Or just let it evaporate back down to solids and send it off as solid waste? Save it for the next local hazardous waste collection?

Shooter
    35mm RF
    OK, I scraped all the polymerized bits out of the tiny bottle, and rinsed it out. They all dissolved once I heated the mixture a bit. (Just put the lid on the Nikor Q25 tank I was using as a mixing bowl and held it under running hot water. I was using a lifting rod as a stirrer.)

Now I just wait for UPS to deliver my Formulary order.

I presume the absence of disodium phosphate (listed in the BJP formula for the hardener) won't have any bad effects on the C-22 process.

I'll see if I can use up the kit cross processing "exceedingly expired" E-3 or E-4 Ektachrome film, my daughter is a big fan of cross-processing.

Of course, I can also hope that the second set of developer packs are OK. That will give the kit a second wind.
    Last edited by John Shriver; 12-27-2011 at 07:15 PM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: Clarify

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin