Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,573   Posts: 1,545,698   Online: 790

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I hate Walmart as much as the next guy, but all their film goes to Fuji. Or at least it used to do so. They have no local C41 capacity in my area.

One would expect that Fuji could get it right.
    Last edited by michaelbsc; 01-14-2011 at 09:48 PM. Click to view previous post history.
    Michael Batchelor
    Industrial Informatics, Inc.
    www.industrialinformatics.com

The camera catches light. The photographer catches life.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I have been taking my pro-stuff to Flair here I gotta go get film tomorrow I'll ask how much develop + CD is, I've done a few with them and was pretty happy with the results.

I have some gold on a few rolls those are definitely going to Flair not trusting CVS with those things.
    5x7 Eastman-Kodak kit / B&L 135mm Zeiss Tessar + Compur Deckel
    4x5 Graphic View, made in USA! New project
    RB67 Pro S /50 4.5 / 90 3.8 / 180 4.5 / WLF / prism finder / polaback
    Random 35mm stuff

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Lately I have been taken my C-41 color to Costco. So far they have been doing pretty good.

Jeff

Shooter
    35mm
    My closest CVS will not do "develop only."

My Walgreens has fluctuated prices up and down for $2.15 to $4.99. When they came up with that I ordered a Unicolor kit from Freestyle.

As posters have said, it ain't the chain, it's the store and the operator.

Or possibly take it to a "real" camera store where the ops know what they are doing.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Verizzo View Post
    My closest CVS will not do "develop only."

My Walgreens has fluctuated prices up and down for $2.15 to $4.99. When they came up with that I ordered a Unicolor kit from Freestyle.

As posters have said, it ain't the chain, it's the store and the operator.

Or possibly take it to a "real" camera store where the ops know what they are doing.
    Yeah, unfortunately Walgreens's price has skyrocketed over the past year for certain. I haven't seen a decent film coupon in so long either. It seems that lately, they have been trying to get more customers to get 5x7s from film more than people to just develop film. I'm with you and resorted to do it myself to stop all the hassle!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Just tried a local Walgreen's last night. They were definitely better than any CVS or Rite Aid I have tried. They sure sharpen the hell out of the scans, though! For two rolls of 135-24 with single proof prints and scans, it cost $27 after tax. A pro lab might be about the same price, so the only advantages would be the quick turnaround and convenient location.
    Last edited by 2F/2F; 01-16-2011 at 12:04 PM. Click to view previous post history.
    2F/2F

"Truth and love are my law and worship. Form and conscience are my manifestation and guide. Nature and peace are my shelter and companions. Order is my attitude. Beauty and perfection are my attack."

- Rob Tyner (1944 - 1991)

Shooter
    35mm RF
    My local CVS isn't too bad. Most of the people have either learned what I want from me coming in, or already possess the knowledge needed. The woman whom I believe runs the department is even willing to cross process some Elite Chrome I have! She said it will turn out all black, but I told her it wouldn't and I'd pay even if it did.
    By the way, It's $5.92 for developing and scan to Kodak disk for me.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Yeah, it's cheaper if you do not get proof prints.
    2F/2F

"Truth and love are my law and worship. Form and conscience are my manifestation and guide. Nature and peace are my shelter and companions. Order is my attitude. Beauty and perfection are my attack."

- Rob Tyner (1944 - 1991)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    The local pro place in Cleveland (Dodd) charges $4.00 to process and $2.69 for a CD. You might see what the cost difference is between CVS and a better place. It might not be as much as you think!

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Quote Originally Posted by htimsdj View Post
    The local pro place in Cleveland (Dodd) charges $4.00 to process and $2.69 for a CD. You might see what the cost difference is between CVS and a better place. It might not be as much as you think!
    That isn't too bad, but unfortunately there's nowhere here that competitive. Besides, I develop my own B&W and when I do use color negs it isn't usually a huge deal if it isn't perfect. If I ever did need guaranteed high quality, I would likely send it to Dwayne's.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin