Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,287   Posts: 1,535,331   Online: 857

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    They are not the same films aged differently!

PE

Shooter
    35mm
    FWIW, my take is that EBX is a much better film for landscapes than E100VS, as it doesn't have the propensity to go blue in overcast light. It also does decent skin tones, something Velvia does not.

Shooter
    35mm

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by pukalo View Post
    I understand your sentiments, but the images posted are SO different, any comparisons are meaningless. You need to shoot the same scene, at the same time, with both films, then post as examples.
    My htoughts exactly.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I could run 500 tests with the same shot taken in rapid succession on the two film stocks, processed in the same dev tank or separately in fresh dev chems, scanned with calibrated drum scanner and whatnot. Or I could just accept what I noticed and Ron confirmed: that these are indeed different film materials.

Lazy bastard that I am I tend towards option 2
    Trying to be the best of whatever I am, even if what I am is no good.

CGW

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Never liked either for their wonky hue/saturation. Loved the sadly departed E100SW and E100GX.

North America just north of that sharp right turn North America makes on the Atlantic coast.
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    I shoot both of these films and I both project and scan them, and I will say that Elite Chrome 100 does not scan as well as E100VS, that said, I feel that they both project quite well. Try projecting them and you will see the Elite Chrome 100 will look a lot better, IMO not as good as E100VS, but a lot better than it does scanned.
    "Would you like it if someone that painted in oils told you that you were not making portraits because you were using a camera?"
    "Shouldn't it be more about the joy of producing and viewing the photo than what you paid for the camera?"

Me

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin