Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 73,060   Posts: 1,611,338   Online: 1014

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    35mm RF
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Antony View Post
    One supplier for the whole of the states? wow! I think a business opportunity is here!
    Call:
    FUJIFILM Hunt Chemicals U.S.A., Inc.
    40 Boroline Road, Allendale, NJ 07401
    Tele: (800) 526-0851

Give them a call with an order for the X-Press C41 5L Catalogue number 914 085 , start selling!!
    The contact info you provided does not sell to the public, nor to wholesellers for that matter.

Fuji sends them the "recipes" and they mix it up and send it back to Fuji.
    "The photo is a thing in itself. And that's what still photography is all about." - Garry Winogrand

My Photography Blog
    My Flickr Photostream
    My Website
    My Street Photography

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The Formulary is selling 1L liquid kits that use Kodak chemistry repackaged from larger kits. They work just fine and keep well as they are packed under nitrogen.

PE

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Quote Originally Posted by Photo Engineer View Post
    The Formulary is selling 1L liquid kits that use Kodak chemistry repackaged from larger kits. They work just fine and keep well as they are packed under nitrogen.

PE
    Yes, I see...

Back to Flexicolor I go...

Thanks
    "The photo is a thing in itself. And that's what still photography is all about." - Garry Winogrand

My Photography Blog
    My Flickr Photostream
    My Website
    My Street Photography

Shooter
    127 Format
    Can anyone confirm if Freestyle's Arista C-41 is the same as the Tetenal? They seem very alike to me.
    - Bill Lynch

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    "The contact info you provided does not sell to the public, nor to wholesellers for that matter"

They should do! I know they sell to Labs, I also know in my country Fuji Hunt sells to wholesalers, that's how we get the products. No wonder analogue is going down the pan if big companies like Fuji won't sell their product.
    Thank heaven I live in Europe!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    It truly is incredulous here the stuff they won't sell. Unless you know someone, know what warehouses to call with your credit card you seemingly can't get cut Fuji paper here and chemicals are almost impossible to get either. They don't want home users it seems, just rolls and big lots of chemicals for the labs. Around here most labs sell digital cameras and prints too and don't care that their chemicals are exhausted and their machines are dirty. "Don't like your film? Well, film is so last century... would you like to look at a Canon Xs or a Nikon D7000 today? Step right over here sir..." They don't care about how you get your pictures and they get money from you whether it is digital or film. Digital prints are so expensive they probably get higher margin on them anyways.

Tetenal is selling out at places. I hope that isn't a bad sign! I hope it is a good sign of high home C41 demand which means they'll increase production but I'm not holding my breath.
    Harry Pulley - Visit the BLIND PRINT EXCHANGE FORUM

Happiness is...

Shooter
    35mm
    None of this is making sense to me either. Just to support what Mark Antony has said, a number of suppliers in the U.K. sell the Fuji-Hunt kits for small volume processing so I wonder what is the issue in the U.S.?

There has to be a reasonable explanation for this. As Mark has said there has to be a much bigger market in the U.S. and a big business opportunity being missed.

Just curious as to what the issue might be.

pentaxuser

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Thanks for the write up. Looks like I'm going to order a Tetenal Press Kit from B&H. Shipping seems reasonable to Canada. Fewer and fewer places to have C-41 processed here- even Silvano's closed.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin