Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,706   Posts: 1,548,498   Online: 977

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by B&Wpositive View Post
    Hmm. I really do not want to use the stuff myself. It's one of the more toxic chemicals. And I come into contact with enough chemicals in my organic chem lab course.

And so many people have E6 commercially cross-processed all the time. I bet no one is using formaldehyde stabilizer for this and most people are probably unaware. Funny how no one thinks of these issues.
    I use Stabiliser III on mine.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by B&Wpositive View Post
    I had some Kodacolor VR 200 film, code: CL, generation 5, with expiration date of 9/1998, emul # 2422512. I bought the film in 1996 or 1997 in CVS, and I used a roll that summer. I had two more rolls that I used 2.5 years ago that were in the freezer. Now here's the question: One of my all-time favorite photos was taken on that first roll, so I want it to survive long-term. Did this film need formaldehyde stabilizer?

Processing instructions state that one should use Flexicolor chemistry or the Kodak Hobby-Pak kit.

Thanks.
    Yes, I believe that one needs stabilizer.
    Harry Pulley - Visit the BLIND PRINT EXCHANGE FORUM

Happiness is...

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by hpulley View Post
    Yes, I believe that one needs stabilizer.
    That's not good. My film was processed via send out through CVS and done by Qualex (Kodak Premium Processing at the time). I wonder if they used stabilizer. Maybe we should check with PE to be sure.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Yes, the color stability of that VR200 film would be enhanced by a formaldehyde stabilizer bath. Flexicolor Stabilizer III is for sale at $1 a bottle with $13 shipping right now on eBay. I bought a bottle from that seller, no problems at all. Just treat it with respect -- wear good nitrile gloves, don't sniff it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin